Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Unity Candle Duet-- Need help!

Hi!

During the lighting of the unity candle, I have asked my brother and Future SIL to sing a duet.   THey both have really beautiful voices! I thought it would be a cute way for them both to participate in addition to being in the wedding party.  I also know someone that can play acoustic guitar.

Anyway,  I am having the hardest time finding songs! I want the song to be more of a mellow christian song-- something like "Your love is extravagant" by Casting Crowns or "Pure" by Kari Jobe..... I can't use the first song because one my friends had it in her wedding and my fiance doesn't like the "Pure" song. 

Any ideas???? I need a song that is meaningful, christian and sweet... but so many of the songs are so corney!! :)

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Re: Unity Candle Duet-- Need help!

• edited December 2011
    We're doing "When I Say I Do" by Matthew West.........I don't know if it's a duet song though
    Anniversary image
  • edited December 2011
    It's not especially religious, but maybe All I Ask of You from Phantom of the Opera.  I used an instrumental version as my processional, but it's a lovely duet.

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
  • edited December 2011

"When God Made You"- Newsong & Natalie Grant
    "The Prayer"- Charlotte Church & Josh Groban

My fiance and I are using "Wouldn't Change a Thing" by Matthew West for our Unity Sand Ceremony and one of his groomsmen is playing it on the guitar and singing it.

Hope this helps!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • twixinthemixtwixinthemix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second kkerpan.....We are using The Prayer which has been sung by Andrea Boccelli and Josh Groban on the men's side, and Charlotte Church and Celine Dion on the female's side.  LOVE IT.  Good luck!

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Erin has read 1 book toward her goal of 25 books.
    hide
    Follow Me on Pinterest Married Bio and For Sale! Updated 12/23
    "And now you stand before me today, and with all my heart I say, that you are God's miracle to me." June 18th, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_unity-candle-duet-need?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:e9f5bfec-5080-46ec-9529-6c17710c7722Post:bec9735b-d03c-4197-8f12-7287e561288d">Re: Unity Candle Duet-- Need help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]One Hand, One Heart from West Side Story.
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]

This is what we're doing
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the ideas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards