Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Wedding Song..

My fiance and I are both in love with "Tim McGraw - My Best Friend"   and then I found out that his friend (best man) used that for their wedding song.   Should I be concerned about the copy cat thing?   My fiance asked him about using the song and he didn't care.. but I don't know about his wife.. would she care?  They will be at our wedding and I don't know if I will feel awkward dancing to "their" song.  Their wedding was about 4-5 years ago...  Any suggestions?  Comments?

Re: Wedding Song..

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I dont think you should be concerned at all! Especially it being that their wedding was 4 to 5 years ago. Obviously you and your future hubby like it together for a reason, and his best friend and wife aren't the only ones in the world you probably like that song. I say use it :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're overthinking this.  It's a song.  It doesn't "belong" to anyone.  They chose a song they liked.  They can't claim the song forever and refuse to let friends play that.

You happen to like the same song.  Realistically, how many overlapping guests will you have who even realize that you're using the same song.

And here's another reality check for you:  what were the songs that the B&G danced to at the last 6 weddings you attended?  You probably don't know.  Heck, I can't even tell you what the song my son and DIL danced to at their wedding, nor what my DD and SIL danced to at their wedding.

Finally, I think it just confirms that you and your friends both have excellent taste.  =)
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I agree--not a big deal at all! I am sure people will not even remember it since it was so long ago!!

Go with whatever song you guys love!!

GL!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that since the wedding was so long ago it won't make a big difference.  Yes, it is "their" song, but it's also probably the song of many other couples around the country or even around the world. 
    "This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood - finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without." ? Jodi Picoult Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards