Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Big DJ help..A little long

So FI and I are on a budget.  We have met with two DJ companies in our area and  both are pretty good.  We are having difficulties with which one to choose!  Because we are having a small wedding we are only having the DJ no MC.

The first DJ we met with is a bit more money (1600) but will also act as an MC.  He will announce us and everything.

The second DJ we met with will strictly DJ with a few announcements.  They are much cheaper (1000).  

Our budget for a DJ is 1000 but we really like the fact that the first DJ also acts as an MC.  Are the wedding announcements at a wedding really that important?   For a small wedding, would it be just fine to have just the DJ? HELP!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Big DJ help..A little long

• Options
    KatshiaKatshia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I personally would go with the cheaper one, thats alot of money you can save!! I would ever look around a bit more, especially with over a year to go. We looked for a good few months and found one under 500 that is amazing :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

I would go with the DJ who is a little bit more money & MC's as well! IMO having someone who is more involved & willing to do any or all announces/introductions as needed is essential.

Is it possible for you to go visit an event both these DJ's are working? This is fairly common & might give you a better feel for each individual DJ.

GL & HTH!

~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you have an outgoing friend who could act at the MC for part of the reception? That might make the decision a little easier. I'd go with the cheaper one but that's just my opinion.
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Having worked for a DJ company before, I can't believe that someone would already be there charging you $1000 and refuse to do more than a couple quick announcements. If you can fit it into your budget, I'd go with the more expensive one. If you can't, go with the cheaper one and take the above idea about having an outgoing friend be the MC.

Or keep shopping.
  • Options
    leilahaustinleilahaustin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls.  We have decided to go with the more expensive DJ.  We really did feel more comfortable with them.  We will just find a way to fit it in our budget!Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards