Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Song for my mom to sing to us!

I want my mom to sing at the ceremony. Originally I wanted to sing "In My Daughter's Eyes" but I am looking more for a song for her to sing to both me and my fiance, not just me.  Does anyone have any ideas of a song she could sing to us as a couple?

Re: Song for my mom to sing to us!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you very religious? I've played the cermony music for many weddings (piano & organ)

The lord's prayer, is absolutely beautiful, especially if it'd come from your mother & it'd mean something to you both, at least I would think so.

Also, "parent's prayer" is another, but I believe that's more a duet.  I'm pretty sure that's the name, some of the lyrics are "this is a mothers/ fathers prayer", talking about marriage and what not.

Sorry I can't help more....
    When we walk to the edge of all the light we have and take the step into the darkness of the unknown, we must believe that one of two things must happen: There will be something solid for us to stand on, or we will be taught to fly. -Patrick Overton
  • Options
    amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I absolutely love "I Hope You Dance" AMAZING song.

HTH
    Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_song-mom-sing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:ebfe96ca-f91e-4cfd-bd3e-c8f7bdc19da2Post:b964801f-dc54-4d86-a2c0-37fef1e18167">Re: Song for my mom to sing to us!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I absolutely love  "I Hope You Dance"  AMAZING song. HTH
    Posted by amberlynned[/QUOTE]

Ditto!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards