Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Beatles or Billy Joel

I love the Beatles, Elton John and Billy Joel, and have been trying to find a song to walk down the aisle to from one of them. The Elton John song I love is "Something About the Way you Look Tonight", but I think it's a bit too fast paced. The aisle in the chapel we are using isn't very long, so we will be walking at a more relaxed pace. Not a snails pace, but I also don't want to be down there in 2.5 seconds. I also LOVE "Here Comes the Sun" from the Beatles, and am considering an instrumental version of this, if I can find one.

Right now I'm between "Here Comes the Sun" and "She's Got a Way" by Billy Joel.

I'm considering having the wedding party walk in to River Flows in You by Yiruma.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhN7SG-H-3k

I think picking the right songs is going to be one of my biggest obstacles lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Beatles or Billy Joel

• Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vitamin String Quartet did a two-disc Beatles tribute.
    http://www.amazon.com/String-Quartet-Tribute-Beatles/dp/B000TQ0HEY

"Here Comes the Sun" isn't on it, but "Imagine" could be really great. "Eleanor Rigby" would sound beautiful too, but might be too sad if you're thinking about the real version of the song.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm walking down the aisle to an instrumental version of Here There Everywhere by the Beatles.  its beautiful...and slow.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Does it always have to be a slow song? I know I'm not supposed to be be-bopping down the aisle, but I don't have to do the step-stop-step-stop princess walk either.

I really like the song "Here Comes My Girl" by Tom Petty.
    November Siggy Challenge: Favorite On Screen Couple
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jnu1117jnu1117 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It may be a little fast but I love You're my home, great sentiment for a wedding.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    vampirelovervampirelover member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am planning on walking down the aisle to an accoustic version of Something.  I love everything about that song!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards