Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Wedding Band Costs?

Hi! I'm just curious how much a typicla wedding band costs for 4 hours. I am getting married in Boston and want to figure out whether our potential band is overpriced. If you are comfortable sharing, how much did you pay for your bands?!

Thanks!!!

Re: Wedding Band Costs?

• tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest asking this on the Boston board. Look in the blue column on the left, click on "local wedding boards" then choose Boston.

GL!
  • love2naplove2nap member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got a few quotes for bands in Boston and they were around the $4500-$5000 range and then we decided to stop looking and get a DJ! But you might find something cheaper on gigmaster.com!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having a wedding in Miami, FL and our band is $4500, partially because our wedding is in December and the band referred to this as "high season" because of all the weddings in FL in December and also the Christmas/Holiday parties. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I ws to curious to get it and thanks for sharing the idea..
  • BKJamesBKJames member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm up in NH and i am getting rates for bands around $4500.  
    be sure to find out what exactly you are paying for--one band I had seen at a friends wedding in VT (who drove back to Boston after the reception) said they needed money for a hotel if they did our wedding in NH--i replied and told their manager that I knew they didn't stay for a wedding further away and they dropped the price $500.
    this was a band through bestbands.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards