Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

HEY -- Beatles fans

At a basketball game with my family -- my mom mentioned "the perfect" Beatles song to play for the father/daughter dance -- however I didn't write it down because we were...as I said...at a basketball game!

I'm not a Beatles fan -- or rather -- I like what I hear, but I can't just name off songs.  I'd like to surprise my dad with the song so I don't want to ask him -- and he's a HUGE Beatles fan -- so I'm hoping someone may know what song it COULD be.  I realize there's no way you'll know exactly -- but if you could help me narrow down the HUGE list of songs they have -- I'd really appreciate it!!!!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: HEY -- Beatles fans

• kcorbit26kcorbit26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow , The Beatles catalog is huge, but I am a Beatles fan so the songs that come to my mind when I think of father/daughter dances would be some of these...In my Life, The Long and Winding Road,....um Ok that is all that comes to mind for now...perhaps ask your mom her thoughts?
  • edited December 2011
    I have fond memories growing up listening to the Beatles with my dad, so my father/daughter dance song is going to be "Here Comes the Sun," although someone also suggested "In My Life" to me as well.
  • sarahlm619sarahlm619 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_hey-beatles-fans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:f9edef58-3320-4cbf-8b2d-ce06ff29ca2dPost:f12c76c8-de75-4f63-bfce-12e0094e7159">Re: HEY -- Beatles fans</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow , <strong><em><u>The Beatles catalog is huge</u></em></strong>, but I am a Beatles fan so the songs that come to my mind when I think of father/daughter dances would be some of these...In my Life, The Long and Winding Road,....um Ok that is all that comes to mind for now...perhaps ask your mom her thoughts?
    Posted by kcorbit26[/QUOTE]

<div>Exactly why I thought I would start with asking here!!! :)

</div><div>As for my mom -- she can't remember now :(</div>
  • edited December 2011
    utilize youtube, it has helped me so much to find the song tiitle that goes with the lyric
  • edited December 2011
    In my life....that was on my list of potential songs for the father/daughter dance.
  • sumpunkchairsumpunkchair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard of a bride using "She's Leaving Home" as a father daughter dance...listen to the lyrics, not the kinda upbeat song I'd use but to each their own.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • rascal17rascal17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "In my life" tends to be a very popular beatle song for father daughter dance. Other options may be:
    -and I love her
    -shes leaving home
    -This boy
    -Im happy just to dance with you

My suggestion is to just to spend some time on youtube listening to the beatles and you may stumble across it or find another one that works.
    Pumpernickel and olive juice
  • sarahlm619sarahlm619 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions -- I playing on youtube tonight -- but you all gave me GREAT suggestions of where to start!  THANK YOU!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_hey-beatles-fans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:f9edef58-3320-4cbf-8b2d-ce06ff29ca2dPost:69d47167-f222-4985-bb59-5251c52b82fc">Re: HEY -- Beatles fans</a>:
    [QUOTE]In my life....that was on my list of potential songs for the father/daughter dance.
    Posted by hamiltks10[/QUOTE]

this is out song
    image handsome boy modeling school was the best 60 dollars I ever spent. If it wasn't for handsome boy modeling scholl I would not be the modle I am today.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards