March 2013 Weddings

Response Cards

Hello ladies!!
I mailed my invites about 2 weeks ago, we received about 1/3 of them back already (most of Fi's family).  We are having a plated meal so before we printed the invites i searched on the best way to make sure people didn't invite extra people.

we went with " ___ Seats have been reserved in your honor"  then i filled in the number of seats.

I have received 2 invites back when someone has scratched off the number we put and ADDED MORE PEOPLE.  OMG lol people just don't get it do they?

Just thought would share this vent....

Hope everyone is making progress!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone image 133 Invited
image 120 Are ready to party!
image 3 Will be missing out!
image 10 Are MIA!

Re: Response Cards

• haha oh my gosh, that is ballsy to scratch off what you wrote and add people!! We have gotten a lot of responses back so far and have not had any issues like that yet (Knock on wood)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • omg. sorry. D: pretty sure i won't have that problem lol.
  • Whaaat? That's ridiculous! We haven't had anyone do that yet. Only problem we've had so far is someone not writing their names on it, but luckily I put a small number on each of them so I could figure out whose it was. People are crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • In Response to Re:Response Cards:[QUOTE]Whaaat? That's ridiculous! We haven't had anyone do that yet. Only problem we've had so far is someone not writing their names on it, but luckily I put a small number on each of them so I could figure out whose it was. People are crazy! Posted by jennipea382[/QUOTE]

That is a fantastic idea! I wish we had done that. We haven't had any problems yet with people not putting their names on the cards, but that's a good plan for just in case it happens. The only issue we had was someone putting Mr. Mrs. Last name when there are three couples with the same last name. Luckily I had run out of one kind of stamp and had to use a different kind on theirs, so I was able to tell who it was.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Crazy, and yeah, there's always at least one person who doesn't get it.

We have one who is a long term couple that we invited. We also made sure to list only them on the envelope and mentioned on our website that we are having an adult only wedding (written with taste of course as to not offend), and yet we had to chase the couple down for their rsvp and here's where it gets fun:

1) their response from a Facebook message was: We will attend, it will be the both of us, plus our two kids. (then I replied mentioning not being to accommodate them, yada yada and perhaps a sitter can be arranged since they are oot guests), then...

2) their rsvp arrive, saying they will attend, and they listed themselves and only 1 kid (not both)  So I'm like ?????

3) Another Facebook response saying it's them plus 3 kids.

I'm still waiting for clarification as I'm all confused.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards