March 2013 Weddings
Options

Shower!

It was wonderful!
I got so many goodies!

Was anyone actually surprised at their shower?? 

imageimageimage

March 2013 Board February Siggy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lauren & William
Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 152 Invited so far!
image 100 Are ready to party!
image 24 Will be missing out!
image 28 Are MIA!

Re: Shower!

• Options
    Aw how pretty!!! My BMs are doing purple too! I was very surprised at my first shower, having one in FL & PA, because we got SO much stuff off our registry. And the items that weren't on the registry were really cute and practical. Everyone was so generous. I think showers make people really excited about the wedding too, which makes me even more excited! Glad your shower turned out great :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh how fun! I love all the purple!

My sister is having one for me on Feb 16. So the shower itself isn't a surprise but I'm not sure how much detail they're going to give me. I know there will be games of some sort but I don't know what for sure. Usually I like to know what's going on but I'm at that point in wedding planning that I just don't care anymore and if someone else will do it, they can just do it, haha. I'm excited though, I'm sure she will do a great job! :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    My shower was a surprise until the night before. My FI blurts some details out. 

They did 2 games, one was trivia about questions they already asked my FI. Then they wrote down phrases I said during opening gifts and took them out of context and they were things I would say on my Wedding night. Hilarous and cute. 

I got a good bit of stuff. There were a good amount of people that didn't come, for whatever reasons. 

They had a spot set up called "Meet the Maids" with all the ladies pictures and a little biography. 

I was impressed with all the details. =) 

imageimageimage

March 2013 Board February Siggy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lauren & William
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 152 Invited so far!
    image 100 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 28 Are MIA!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_shower-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:5448dab2-cae5-40db-a171-ba4583da95b6Post:9e589491-0550-487a-b51e-7833321a34b8">Re: Shower!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My shower was a surprise until the night before. My FI blurts some details out.  They did 2 games, one was trivia about questions they already asked my FI. <strong>Then they wrote down phrases I said during opening gifts and took them out of context and they were things I would say on my Wedding night. Hilarous and cute.</strong>  I got a good bit of stuff. There were a good amount of people that didn't come, for whatever reasons.  They had a spot set up called "Meet the Maids" with all the ladies pictures and a little biography.  I was impressed with all the details. =) 
    Posted by BrideLaurenH[/QUOTE]

I love all the purple. Everything looks great!!
    My shower was on Saturday. I knew what day it was going to me because I had my sister and step mom flying in from Texas. They would not let me known any other details though. Everything turned out wonderful and it was such a fun experience.

One of the guests at the shower started writing down what I said while opening gifts. I have never seen that done before but I couldn't stop laughing. I had no idea it was going, and I said some bizarre things. lol

I hope you had a wonderful shower, and all the other girls who have one comming up.. ENJOY!
    (P.S. I recommend making a plate of food and stashing it so you can enjoy it later... I barely ate anything because i was trying to hard to make rounds and say hi to everyone.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had my shower yesterday, and loved it!  We had about 46 guests, and got a lot of great things also.  I agree with PP, make a plate of food for later.  I was starving when I left (FI ate most of my food since I "wasn't eating it").  My mom, aunt, and MOH (sister) threw the shower, they did a great job.  A friend made the cake as my gift.  I'll post a pic, it was pretty and yummy! I got to take the top section home, like a wedding cake.  (I'm on the right)
    March 2013 Oct Siggy-Hair Inspiration Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I loathe surprise parties/showers, so my sister let me know the date (Saturday!) and that it's a tea party theme so I could buy an appropriate dress but that's all I know. I'm so excited! I'm in MD and my parents are in TX so my mom is coming in on Friday and I can't wait to see her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Beautiful!! The purple is gorgeous! 

Mine was a couple of weeks ago. My future mother-in-law hosted it at the clubhouse of a community centered around horses. There was a fireplace, and it had a really beautiful intimate feel to it. It wasn't a surprise (I hate surprises!), but there were a few touches that were included that I didn't expect.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Love the cake! That purple is awesome! Congrats....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards