March 2013 Weddings
Options

UGH!!! Cancelling bridal shower and bachelorette party!

So ladies, I'm super frustrated and need to vent, my sister and best friend are at odds over the planning of my bridal shower, they have two very different visions, how do I know? Because I'm in the middle! I got to a point today where I cancelled both events, I'm not going to deal with the drama 100 days before I get married, that's not fair! I just want everyone to be happy and have a good time .......

Re: UGH!!! Cancelling bridal shower and bachelorette party!

• Options
    CaitlynmkCaitlynmk member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2012
    Oh man I'm so sorry you are dealing with that! It might be less stressful for you to cancel them but this is your wedding and both the shower and your bachelorette are events that really make both you and your friends and family excited about the upcoming wedding. Have you tried sitting down with both of them and telling them they need to compromise for your sake? Its not fair to you, really, you shouldn't miss out on those events because they are being petty. Maybe you could assign your sister to plan the shower and your friend to plan the bachelorette, or vice versa? That way they can do each of them however they want and you don't have to get involved.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with the PP. Each lady should go to her own corner where she can be in charge of planning a single event with your assistance. I do give it up to you to protect yourself and your sanity enough to cancel two parties that are for you. Not everyone would have the foresight to do something like that. I hope after cooling off a little, everyone can get it together for you. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice ladies!  Im hoping to have this resolved soon and hoping that we can continue to move forward I really dislke conflict especially between two people that I am so close to involving one of the most important events of my life.
  • Options
    Aww that really sucks to have drama like that :-( I've learned that everyone wants to be involved in wedding planning. Not just that, but everyone has a vision and wants everything their way when they should be doing things with you in mind, not themselves. Hope everyone can take a step back and get along for you! Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    I agree with all of the above.  This is suppose to be your day(s) and they need to put aside their differences and focus on you and the task at hand.  They dont have to be bff's, but that have to respect you.

Canceling because of them sucks, and making sure they know its because they can't get along is the primary reason.  Maybe throw in some tears?

But good vibes are being sent your way.  In the end?  Do not give up on it, if it is something you truely want, make it happen.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    You are not alone in this. I have been dealing with bridal party problems since last summer. They themselves seem to be getting along but one og my MOH and my whole family dont get along at all. My family doesnt trust her and doesnt think she is taking my feelins or my FI feelings into consideration. I didnt speak to my family for almost 4 months because of this. i am know speaking with them and we are fine but my MOH and i are not in a good place. it is now 61 days before my wedding and hse has backed out. It does seem that some of the stuff that FI and i mentioned that we may like has not been considered bc of people having to take more time off from work. Im obviuosly upset i lost a friendship but in the same sense looking forward to no more drama and being able to sleep again (I hope)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards