March 2013 Weddings
Options

Hi there! March Bride here!

This will be my second wedding and my FI's first. I live in the Houston area, but I was born and raised in the New Orleans area.

After many years of being a single mom, I had resigned myself to being the wacky cat lady down the street, but then FI came into my life and wow!!!!

The story is this; I had moved back to NOLA in 2009 for work and had reconnected with my first beau via Facebook. Over lunch one day, he told me that he had an old friend that he wanted me to meet, but he lived in Houston (where I had just moved from, lol) and wasn't that sad? 

Three months later, he calls me to let me know that his friend was in town for summer drill ( FI was in the Army Reserves at the time, he's a Major) and said friend wanted to know if he could give FI my number. I said sure.

FI called a few minutes later and we talked for 3 hours. The next day we met in person and we've been together ever since.

Here's the weird twist. As I said, FI's friend was my first beau, and we all ran in the same group of people, went to the same schools, etc...yet FI and I NEVER met till September 2009 when we were introduced!  

Isn't life funny!

Re: Hi there! March Bride here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards