March 2013 Weddings

day of schedule & vows.

i'm not good at writing things up so this is what is stressing me out the most. i don't even know where to get started! especially the schedule. i just don't know.

Re: day of schedule & vows.

• CaitlynmkCaitlynmk member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2013
    My advice would be, and this is what I've read when I google wedding day timelines, is to start with the ceremony. What time does it start and when do you have to be there? Then, work backwards. Factor in travel time, what time your photographer is coming, how long it will take for your hair/makeup, if you're doing a first look make sure you find out from the photographer how long that will be, etc. In my case, once I figured I needed to leave by 1 PM to get to the church, I knew I wanted to be ready by 12:30 and I worked backwards from there. It made it pretty easy. I also read somewhere that you should assume something will go over time, so make your day-of schedule and then back everything up by a half-hour (especially hair/makeup) that way you have some cushion room.

Can't help with the vowels, we're having a Catholic wedding so vows are standard. I have to say though, I've watched a lot of the wedding videos that they post on Style me Pretty and I also really like Tim Young Films- and you can get some good ideas from those and then put your own twist on it. Just speak from the heart, and don't make it too long :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_day-of-schedule-vows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:775d957e-4d91-4f31-8282-de479397f2aePost:ef628232-8c6a-4e65-8739-c38e101770db">Re: day of schedule & vows.</a>:
    [QUOTE]My advice would be, and this is what I've read when I google wedding day timelines, is to start with the ceremony. What time does it start and when do you have to be there? Then, work backwards. Factor in travel time, what time your photographer is coming, how long it will take for your hair/makeup, if you're doing a first look make sure you find out from the photographer how long that will be, etc. In my case, once I figured I needed to leave by 1 PM to get to the church, I knew I wanted to be ready by 12:30 and I worked backwards from there. It made it pretty easy. I also read somewhere that you should assume something will go over time, so make your day-of schedule and then back everything up by a half-hour (especially hair/makeup) that way you have some cushion room. Can't help with the vowels, we're having a Catholic wedding so vows are standard. I have to say though, I've watched a lot of the wedding videos that they post on Style me Pretty and I also really like Tim Young Films- and you can get some good ideas from those and then put your own twist on it. Just speak from the heart, and don't make it too long :)
    Posted by Caitlynmk[/QUOTE]

<div>it helps that i know what time dinner is & all. i just don't know about before the ceremony. i will figure it out. i'm having a meeting with my photographer in february so i will go from there. pictures are a big thing. i think i'll make a rough draft soon to see what i want. thanks for the help.</div>
  • kerikaekerikae member
    First Comment
    edited January 2013
    The photog really helped me nail down my day-of schedule! I emailed her and asked her what time everyone needed to be ready for her and she gave me a detailed photography schedule. 

I also found this little gem which I found pretty helpful: http://www.thebridelink.com/blog/2012/04/25/a-wedding-day-timeline-by-angie-froemel/. :)

I should add that you should build in extra time to whatever time you think you need -- there will be snags (someone's late, something happens to a dress that needs to be Tidesticked, whatever) and you won't want to be rushed! 

My former event planner self had a heart attack when my dear, sweet, well-meaning aunts wanted to throw me a brunch at 11am at a place 30 minutes away from the venue. My aunts kept asking why I needed so much time to get ready or take photos or whatever and the answer is "Because it's my wedding day and I want to enjoy every moment without feeling rushed." You're the bride, so you get to set the pace! :)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_day-of-schedule-vows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:775d957e-4d91-4f31-8282-de479397f2aePost:be7604a9-4654-4d3f-8cdd-a9f20b562e4c">Re: day of schedule & vows.</a>:
    [QUOTE]The photog really helped me nail down my day-of schedule! I emailed her and asked her what time everyone needed to be ready for her and she gave me a detailed photography schedule.  I also found this little gem which I found pretty helpful: <a href="http://www.thebridelink.com/blog/2012/04/25/a-wedding-day-timeline-by-angie-froemel/." rel="nofollow">http://www.thebridelink.com/blog/2012/04/25/a-wedding-day-timeline-by-angie-froemel/.</a> :) I should add that you should build in extra time to whatever time you think you need -- there will be snags (someone's late, something happens to a dress that needs to be Tidesticked, whatever) and you won't want to be rushed!  My former event planner self had a heart attack when my dear, sweet, well-meaning aunts wanted to throw me a brunch at 11am at a place 30 minutes away from the venue. My aunts kept asking why I needed so much time to get ready or take photos or whatever and the answer is "Because it's my wedding day and I want to enjoy every moment without feeling rushed." You're the bride, so you get to set the pace! :)
    Posted by kerikae[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>it's all jumbled in my mind. i also have to help with setup 'cause we're doing it the day of & we can only do it after 2pm. the wedding is at 6:30pm. i guess it will come together in the end. there's just so much to do! the timeline helps though. thanks!

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards