March 2013 Weddings
Options

Question about underwear

So I am having a situation with my dress.....well really what goes under my dress. I love my dress....It was actually the dress I found on my first shopping trip but didn't by until my 5th....partly because I wanted my mom to see me in it. the problem is it has no back...I know I can do cups sewn in, but how much lift do they provide? I'm...blessed in that area and if I could wear a bra would be wearing something that would put those suckers where they need to be but with no straps and not a chance of wearing a strapless I'm a bit worried.  I've attached a couple pics, so you could see (the one they had in the store was a 16 and I wear a 10 in wedding dress sizes so please excuse the clips). There is no underlay with the lace on the sides in the back so thats why a strapless won't work. 
Has anyone had success with using those tape cups along with the sewn in ones? Any suggestions greatly appreciated...

Re: Question about underwear

• Options
    First of all, that dress is beautiful on you! I LOVE the back!! I have also heard very good things about the sew-in cups, so I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. Seamstresses deal with this all the time. Just make sure that, by the end of your last fitting, that you aren't uncomfortable at all because otherwise it will bother you the day-of. You are paying the seamstress to get it right, and they will! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks!
    I think i'm just obsessing....I figure I'll stress the importance of the sewn in cups and bring along every possible tape cup, insert or whatever the day of as a back up (more to make me feel better then anything) Why or why can't I have my 21 yo boobs?!? lol
  • Options
    Definitely go to a seamstress. And for extra insurance, don't underestimate the power of double-sided fashion tape!
  • Options
    I have used the sticky chicken cutlets for years (they sell them at VS). I'm smaller chested but those things definitely help the girls stay in place and they stick all night without annoying you. Double sided tape is also a lifesaver!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards