March 2013 Weddings

Welcome Bag Packet

Hey ladies- I need some honest opinions about something I am considering adding to our little booklet we're making for the welcome bags. When I was designing it, I had one extra page that is blank and tried to think of something to fill it in with and while searching Etsy I saw an idea where you make a wedding crossword. Kind of like, how well do you know the bride and groom? So I created one for free on a website and I think it came out cute, and some of the questions are kind of funny. They include:

4. The monument where Steve intended to propose, until Cait said she was too cold and wanted to go home (answer: Washington)

8. The location where Steve actually popped the question (answer: closet)

11. The person who doesn't remember their first kiss (Caitlyn -I was drunk.. lol so romantic)

15. The person who asked for the other's phone number via Facebook (Steven)

And a few others, I think 15 is the last question. Anyway, if you were guests, would you think this is super cheesy and I should take it out, or would it be sort of entertaining to read or try to do during down time that weekend?? Be honest. FI said its cheesy but he likes it, and I'm not sure if he is just saying that to be nice or not... haha. He did enoy some of the questions I made up though.  Thanks ladies!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Welcome Bag Packet

• I think it's kinda cute but TBH I think I'd have to be pretty bored to actually do it. It's one of those things I think I'd intend to do since you spent the time on it but I'd probably get distracted and forget about it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Yeah you guys are probably right, maybe I'll just take it out of the packet and leave that page blank! Thanks!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What else are you putting in your welcome bag packet? I can only think of water, granola bars, local guide and brochure book. What else???
  • So far our plan is to include a chocolate bar from a local (and amazing!) chocolate factory, a smiley cookie from a local restaurant, a mini bag of chips or pretzels (whatever I find at Sams Club), a water bottle, travel packet of Advil (for hangovers), Pittsburgh brochure/visitors guide, and welcome packet. I had a lot of other Pittsburgh-related stuff in mind but we think the chocolate and cookie will be a big hit and we'll still keep it under $4 per bag. If you are on pinterest, search welcome bag and you will get tons of ideas. I think the important part if finding something interesting or yummy from the town where the wedding is in that way its a treat for out of towners! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm actually thinking about doing something similar, but I'm going to put a very simple wordsearch in kids' grab bags. I'm going to make it a coloring/activity book. We've only got 10 kids or so, but I remember being dragged to weddings and being so bored!
  • I think the word search is a cute idea!  Even if not everyone fills it out ... I would do it.  Especially over leaving a blank page.  But that's just my opinion!!

I'm doing favor bags, too ... haven't started my list ... I'm sure I'll be posting for more ideas!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards