March 2013 Weddings

Bachelorette Parties?

A close family friend of ours is getting married in 10 days. She has invited me to attend her Bachelorette party...I am so excited! I have never been to one. All the party talk got me thinking about mine...What kind of party do I want?

I'm thinking I just want my girlfriends and I to go out for dinner and maybe a few drinks just to celebrate my wedding. I really don't like the idea of strippers and all that. I really don't want to see another man naked. I am happy with the man I have and love him, naked and all lol I want a classy enjoyable fun time with my friends. I had also thought about renting a cabin at the beach for the weekend and we all have a girls weekend. I want to do all this at least a week before the wedding maybe like the weekend before.

Have any of y'all thought about your party?

Re: Bachelorette Parties?

• I have thought about it a little bit. If I were to plan my own (obviously not doing that lol) I'd probably do a wine tasting at a nearby winery, dinner, then downtown with my girls. No strippers or anything, just really not my style (also not my FI's style, I know he'd prefer to not go to a strip club for his party). Some friends have had a Passions or Pure Romance party and I think it would be fun but I'd feel awkward if my sister attends (which I think she would, she's a BM, and why would I not include her?). My sister and I aren't that close so.. it would just be kinda weird. So I think I might ask my MOH to skip that.

I like alternative bachelor/ette parties. I know guys that have played paintball or some other sport, gone hunting, stuff like that. For one of my friend's BP we actually did a scavenger hunt at the Mall of America and then hung out at her place. We learned belly dancing from her friend and went swimming. It was fun and laid back :-) I think her husband went and played video games with his friends. I think that would be fun but most of my friends aren't gamers.. haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • We think alike! lol I have no desire to have strippers or anything like that. I love the idea of the wine tasting! That is great!
  • I have briefly talked to my MOH about my Bach party. I have both my younger sisters in my bridal party, and they will only be 19 by the wedding, so anything that is a complete boozefest is out for me. I want them to be included (considering my MOH is one of the 19 year olds) lol. There are a few clubs in town that are 18 and up, but we have been looking into alt things to do. The passion parties are fun, and a good way to get some free stuff as a new bride. I know we are not suppose to plan our own, but my girls are keeping me in the loop so i have some idea what is going on. I doubt there will be strippers, not exactlly any of our scene. Whatever they come up with i know it will be great.

I know my FI and his boys are looking into a Golf tourney.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was thinking about doing a cooking class. My fiance and I went to a cooking class we got as a house warming gift from our friend/realtor and the lady who teaches the class does parties too. My mom loved the idea; functional and fun. My fiance wants to go snowboarding for his bachelor party. It'll be interesting since he's never done it before, and snow in Arizona is somewhat unpredictable.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Preparing a bachelorette party is hard but it is entirely worth the time to plan! Every of us got a personalized scavenger hunt shrit and the bride had to cross off topics off our shirts throughout the night… we entertained the bride with a great deal of drinks and every person had lots of fun. We Ended up getting some great 'Bridezilla' party ideas over at this web siteweb page...

www.amazingbacheloretteparty.com/supplies-decorations

•  

We just got back from my best friends bachelorette party and she's a little of a crazy one so we were searching for some thing distinctive. One of my good friends had a Hawaiian luau bachelorette party theme on the beach and it was remarkable! We discovered a great bachelorette party checklist and got some custom invitations and t shirts produced from this web site:

www.amazingbacheloretteparty.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards