March 2013 Weddings

Weather Concerns

My fiance and I are looking to get married in March 2013 in the Sacramento, CA area. Is anyone planning a wedding around the same time? We have a venue we love, with an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception, but I'm a bit concerned about the weather. Anyone else share the same concerns about a March outdoor wedding? My venue has a rain plan, but I'm not too thrilled with the rain option for the ceremony.

Re: Weather Concerns

• well i just don't want it to be cold.. i want to wear a short dress. i'm getting married in ohio, so.
  • I am getting married in New Jersey on March 2. There is always a concern for snow...but who knows. There was a hurricane last August. Mother nature is going to do what she wants to do!
  • I live in MN so the weather is totally unpredictable. Last year we had a blizzard and this year it was PERFECT weather for an outdoor wedding. So who knows, we could be 10 feet deep in snow, getting rained on, or it could be nice!

I'm not really familiar with that area of CA so I'm not sure what the weather is typically like in March. If it's like, 50s or 60s, I would think a short outdoor ceremony would be ok, but you'd definitely want to tell people so they can make sure they have a jacket.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • I'm in New Jersey and I kind of already know the weather is going to be cold. I will make the best out of it my ceremony will be indoors. I'm getting married all in one so they on't have to go out once they are in.
  • We're planning on getting married 3/15 in Ky. I'm worried about the chill factor. I want an outdoors wedding but we probably won't get it.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards