March 2013 Weddings

Only 4 Months away!!!

EEEEEK!!  It is quickly approaching us ... Can you believe it?

What are you guys working on now?!

What are your favorite registry items?

Any Black Friday deals you guys are after? (wedding or not)

And FYI I can't believe the deals I keep grabbing at Marshalls/TJ Maxx ... just got our unity candle set, crystal with rhinestone detail ... $28 for all three pieces ... the stores are worth checking out!!

Re: Only 4 Months away!!!

• CaitlynmkCaitlynmk member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited November 2012
    The time really is flying!! With the holidays around its going to go even faster! We just got our invitations in and I'm in love, they are beautiful!! My mom is addressing them because she has really pretty handwriting and I will be assembling them and sealing them with a monogram wax seal :) it's so pretty and such a cheap way to make the whole thing look complete. I'm also working on scheduling meetings while I'm home for Christmas- we have a packed schedule. The only other thing is fine tuning the DIY ceremony programs, menu, and all the guest book signs, etc. I'm not going super early to get Black Friday deals but I am going to keep my eye out for our luggage since we didn't get that at my first shower and will need it for the wedding/honeymoon. Also looking for FI a set of golf irons as his wedding gift! Our fave registry items are little things that I got for my baking obsession- a pizzelle press, stainless measuring spoons, cups, cookie sheets,etc. We also got a few of our pots and pans we registered for which we are in dire need of. I feel weird using them before the wedding but our old ones needed replaced so bad that we decided to use just a few things.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just got our invitations in yesterday! Love them! The front is hot pink and black Chevron with all of the deets of the wedding. On the back is one of our e-pics so that the relatives can frame the picture when they're done. My grandma loves it!

I'm sad to say...that pretty much all of the big details are done...:( It's sort of sad!

I'm waiting until the cold snowy weather comes to work on DIY like table numbers and seating arrangements and our little display table.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP#1 4/9/12- EDD 12/22/12- M/MC at 9w4d 5/23/12.
    BFP#2 12/18/12- EDD 8/31/13 First U/S- 6w4d HB 124! Second U/S- 10w2d HB 178!! Grow baby, grow! NT Scan Scheduled for 2/20/13.
  • We will be at 4 months on Friday! Crazy! Today's actually our 4 year dating anniversary :-)

I'm working on getting the rest of our addresses and getting them on the envelopes. FI has been looking into honeymoon options. We're going to look at wedding bands soon to figure that out. We need to finalize the design of the invitations so we can finish putting them together to send them out in just over a month!

As for our favorite registry items.. hmm. Probably the Kitchenaid mixer, I really hope some people pool their money to get it! I also put a bike on there because I haven't had one in so long! I'm going to have such a hard time not looking at the registry to see what people are getting, haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Oh, forgot about Black Friday. I hate crowds of obnoxious people so I don't go out, haha. If I get anything, it will be online!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • black friday sucks. i work midnight for it.. i'm going to be so busy working in december and i feel like i'm behind on my wedding but i'm really not. it's getting a little nervewracking haha.
  • jennipea382jennipea382 member
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_led-submersible-floralyte-ii-lights-anyone-with-a-tear-in-my-eye?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:fdac8142-3629-4177-a46d-3a46391a8005Post:cc66837d-3a41-42e6-bf0b-29aa1f211dbe">Re: Only 4 Months away!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]black friday sucks. i work midnight for it.. i'm going to be so busy working in december and i feel like i'm behind on my wedding but i'm really not. it's getting a little nervewracking haha.
    Posted by kaceymarie[/QUOTE]

That's how I was last year. I worked at a retail clothing store that I actually would have gone in to work at tomorrow, but I recently went full time at my job so I decided not to do it. I could have gone in at midnight but I ended up working like 5-close or something. Much nicer because there were less people, but the store was a mess haha. I'm happy I was able to get out of retail! I work Friday but just my normal hours. I definitely feel for those in retail like my FI! Been there, done that. Hope you don't have to deal with too much crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards