Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Flush mount albums

My photographer does albums that are amazing, but they are around $800, which we are definitely not willing to pay.  I was looking at Mpix to make a flush mount one just like he does, but it looks like the covers aren't that nice and there's no customization options.  Anyone know of other sites that will make professional albums for non-photographers and are reasonably priced?
"The dress upped the ante."

Re: Flush mount albums

• Options
    edited December 2011
    best to go with what the photographer offers if you like what you see. I designed 2 for friends on sites and they did not hold up within 6 months which is when albums see most of their wear and tear.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sad as it sounds... $800 is actually not that bad for a custom-designed, family heirloom that will last your whole life. You just have to put it into perspective. There are reasons why some things cost more and it usually comes down to quality. If there was a company that sold the same high quality albums straight to you rather than through the photographer, then you would have had to pay hundreds or thousands more to hire your photographer AND the album company would be cutting off the hand that feeds them- the photographers! It's called capitalism and that's why America is such a great place to live.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made a beautiful flush mount album for my husband's parents for $400.  It looked almost exactly like the one I got from my photographer.  I used somersetalbums.com and I have a full review with pics in my bio.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_flush-mount-albums?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:30Discussion:00ee6dd1-4585-42ba-be21-74f484c539cdPost:c1236188-1710-4b85-9c7b-c9cc8e2feae9">Re: Flush mount albums</a>:
    [QUOTE]I made a beautiful flush mount album for my husband's parents for $400.  It looked almost exactly like the one I got from my photographer.  I used <strong>somersetalbums.com</strong> and I have a full review with pics in my bio.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

I was JUST looking at this company because I am refusing to pay the $800 as well! Glad to see it worked out for someone!

OP, make sure you have all the rights to your photos if you plan on designing your own album.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards