Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Engagement Photo Shoot for Save the Date Cards

We are getting our engagement photos done soon and I already know I'd like to use some of the photos for our save the dates. I wanted to pose for a couple of the shots with a poster board that said "Save the Date" on it. I also thought about posing with a blank sheet of poster board (the matte side not the shiny side) so then I could add text later. That way the whole photo could be the card and I'd have an area of white space to write the details.

Has anyone tried this before? Or does anyone think it is a good or bad idea?

Re: Engagement Photo Shoot for Save the Date Cards

• Options
    michellep1michellep1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just was looking at the sticky on this board where people posted their favorite engagement photos, and one couple held up a sign with their STD info on it.  I thought it was cute and considered it myself, but I didn't think I could make the sign look the way I wanted.  It's a great idea to hold up a blank posterboard so you can insert the text yourself!  My only concern would be that you may not have enough space, or may have to make the text so small that you can't read it comfortably.  I may copy this idea if I can figure out a way to make it work!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i've seen this done so many ways -- it's cute =)
    google image search. see what you can find.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is a great idea and one that can be easily done with a good photographer or graphic designer.  Here is an example of a couple that did that same concept. They held up boards & the photographer placed the words on so that there were no glares.

Since you are wanting a bit more info on there, the photographer will need to take the photo from a different angle to make the boards bigger to hold more info.  

What you can also do it take a marker board or chalk board approach to add some flair.  You can place any of these into a frame also to make things even a little more spunky.  Lot of cool concepts like this are done by Jonathan Ivy Photo.  They have a ton of ideas to build out concepts that are awesome!  www.jonathanivyphoto.com

A Wedding Fanatic! -favorite tents: Jacqueline Chapelle- www.jacquelinechapelle.com -favorite photographer: Jonathan Ivy Photo- www.jonathanivyphoto.com
  • Options
    mikkiwin8mikkiwin8 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are doing a specific picture for our STD's too. I had seen so many cute ones with signs, or balloons, or it written on parasols. We decided to make it more like us so we are going to have a pic of us dressed up, I will be holding a volleyball and he will be holding a basketball (since we both played in college) with us kissing. I'm gonna put the wording on the balls later too. There will be a section with the info on the STD too just to make it more clear. We're planning on doing the same pose on our wedding day too and writing Thank You on the balls that time to send out with thank yous.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards