Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Instagram at the wedding: DO or DON'T? (And your experience with it?)

I'm not too well versed in all the photo sharing sites but I do use instagram on my phone just for fun. I saw that you can add a hash tag to your photos and then share that with wedding guests; they can upload pics they might take at your wedding. ( ok you all probably knew this already but it's new to me!!!). Has anyone done this or planning to do this? Not in place of a photographer; just a way a fun way for us, and others to see some of our guests pictures. Your thoughts?

Re: Instagram at the wedding: DO or DON'T? (And your experience with it?)

• It doesn't cost anything, so why not?!  Photo quality will be a little lower in terms of resolution, but you should be able to make a coffee table book out of it.  There is a company out there that does something similar, iphone and android users download an APP and they can send you all their photos.  there is also a company that does the same thing for video.
  • Thanks! I will definately check out photago.com and some other options too.
  • I saw a free app for photo sharing called Kaptur. I think they might have done a slideshow with all the pics too. Not sure. Keep us updated. I'm all about the apps. And all things free or close to it. :)
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_instagram-at-the-wedding-do-or-dont-and-your-experience-with-it?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:02acfeee-b511-4f94-ae37-13b0d015420fPost:6223ed90-3af9-4bbb-82ba-4a6b50597089">Re: Instagram at the wedding: DO or DON'T? (And your experience with it?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I saw a free app for photo sharing called Kaptur. I think they might have done a slideshow with all the pics too. Not sure. Keep us updated. I'm all about the apps. And all things free or close to it. :)
    Posted by Gemmac86[/QUOTE]

Love Instagram and you could try it out since it's free.

There's also a photo sharing service called Wedding Snap. They just revamped the website and packages, but it allows you to instantly collect all your guests' photos in one online album in real-time. It isn't free, but lots of great features, so definitely a great option to check out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards