Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

I can't pick...

Hey all. I've found two photog's I really love. They're both available for my wedding but I'm having trouble deciding. It's not their work but rather a few other things. Photog 1 is only asking 800 for a deposit, which is very appealing to me over photog 2 who is asking for a 2100 deposit. I've sent an email to photog 2 to see if he would consider two payments for the deposit..,and I'm still waiting to hear back.

Additionally, I've spoken with them both over the phone a few times and we've hit it off great. 1 feels like she and I could eventually be good friends. 2 feels like we've been friends for ever! He's a well known photographer and someone that I look up to as I am also very much into photography.

So basically I can't decide. Have any of you had the same experience with any of your vendors?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I can't pick...

• Honestly, you are better off putting a bigger deposit down up front. I am 21 days away from my wedding, and FI and I are seriously regretting not having paid off more balances earlier in the process. We have the cash in reserve, but it's still no fun to be writing thousand dollar checks on an almost-daily basis.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • who are the photographers? It would be nice to see work from both of them to make the poll better answered.
  • I agree with PP, #2 sounds better, and paying more off now will help you in thel ong run.  Hopefully he'll be flexible with the two payment retainer idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards