Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Include our son in engagement photo?

I want our 8-year-old son to be included as much as possible in every aspect of our wedding. It very much involves him also, afterall.

I've never seen it before, but what does everyone think of us including him in our engagement photo that will be used as the announcement in the newspaper and also include him in the wording of the announcement? We are old enough that we will likely be the ones announcing our own engagement, not our parents announcing it. What if we word it, "Bride's name and Groom's name along with their son, John, would like to announce their engagement".

Let me know your thoughts and also if you've ever seen this before. Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Include our son in engagement photo?

• Options
    celticfxcelticfx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that's a great idea! My fiancee is a Milwaukee wedding photographer and he had an engagement shoot where they included her 11 yr old son in some of the photos.

This is one from that shoot :)

• Options
    woodfrogswoodfrogs member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Super idea! I've seen couples include their kids in engagement photos, and even the thank you cards.
  • Options
    jerseydeviljerseydevil member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that's a great idea!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What a great way to celebrate the galvanizing of your family! We're opting out of doing this, though. In the past year, we have taken 3 sets of family pictures. It will be nice to be alone sometimes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards