Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Pictures prior to wedding, Columbus, OH?

Has anyone had their pictures (majority of them) taken prior to the ceremony to save time in between the ceremony and reception?  If so, how many hours prior to the wedding did you start?  I want to see my fiance before the wedding and can't wait for our "first look" photos, and then we plan to travel to various locations in downtown Columbus for more pictures, and our ceremony is at the Loft at Smith Brothers at 5:30.  I just don't know how much time to allot for pictures beforehand and what to do after pictures are done?  Just drop of the groom/groomsmen and have the bridal party wait in the limo or go back to the hotel where we are getting ready?
I appreciate any input/suggestions ladies  Smile

Re: Pictures prior to wedding, Columbus, OH?

• Options
    edited June 2012
    I say do it your way! It's all about you on your big day. Doing them a head of time gives you more time to  party and enjoy your guests, and your day! And that's what it really boils down to. Having fun. Not working while everyone else is partying! 

I had my ceremony and reception at the Smith Brothers and we traveled downtown for our shots in between the ceremony and the reception (during cocktail hr). I think we alloted 1 1/2 hours. But we went to one spot.  Depending on how many locations, I would suggest at least 2 1/2 to 3 hours. To be safe. 

I'm offering free engagement sessions if you are looking for a photographer.  
  • Options
    I would talk to your photographer about this.  He/she can guide you better than we can.

We took pictures beforehand but in one location and we alloted an hour and a half including the first look.  However, we also did B&G shots for about another 45 minutes after the ceremony.  So if you want to include everything, I would say 2-2½ hours, plus travel.

We had to be done with pictures an hour before our ceremony so the girls hung out in my suite while the boys mingled and greeted guests.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards