Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Unhappy with wedding photos- What to do?? Help!

I was recently married and am unhappy with our wedding photos.  Now, these are not too terrible (as far as quality)  Our photographer did some great candid shots, different angles, etc.  But rather the thing I am the most unhappy about is he did not capture all the key moments nor take all the shots we provided on the shot list.  For example, he did not capture the seating of the mothers/grandmothers, did not take one of us kissing at the ceremony, and basically took none of my husband or I alone (posed) (Thank goodness I did bridal portaits with someone else or I'd have none of me....).  From his other weddings these moments were captured, and I am just so depressed that I don't have photos for them.  We did have a limited amount of time to take pictures, but I feel like it should not have been our job to try and remember every shot/pose we wanted.  I even provided him a copy of our shot list at the wedding so he had it to remind him!   Am I being unrealistic in being upset here?  It seems like everyone was a little disappointed (my mom, mother in law, maid of honor, etc) in the photos- but most of those moments you can't get back.  But, I am thinking about doing a post-wedding shoot of me and my husband all decked out again, and maybe in the church with different poses (and a new photographer).  Is that too crazy?  I don't know if in 5 years it will really matter...but I would love to hear advice from people who are/were in this situation!!!Thanks!!

Re: Unhappy with wedding photos- What to do?? Help!

• lorizaloriza member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of my friends had her heart set on an outdoor wedding and, of course, it poured.  For days.  The outdoor venue flooded (as did their basement!) so they had to go with the back-up plan: a small room beside the reception site, cheesy 80's hotel decor and all.  Needless to say the pictures weren't what she wanted.  For their first anniversary she and her husband got dressed up and did photos at the original location.  They got some beautiful, intimate shots because it was just the two of them and the photographer.  No tight timeline, no stress, no worries that the make-up would fade.  Another perk- her husband forget black socks and wore white ones to the wedding, he got it right for the photos!
    TTC since 8/2010 DH diagnosed Azoo 1/2012 Vas reconstructive surgery 4/2012 waiting...testing...more waiting...no improvement IVF #1 planned for 1/2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards