Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

E-pics - help!

So I have my e pics scheduled in two days and I'm terrified. It makes me really uncomfortable to have my picture taken and I feel very awkward. I'm worried that the pics will turn out awful as a result. I know that a good photographer should be able to make you feel comfortable, but honestly I just don't see how that is possible. I'm pretty much beyond help. Can those of you who have done it please describe the experience for me and give me a sense of what we'll be doing for two hours in front of a camera?

Re: E-pics - help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about how your particular photographer operates but DH and I just hung out for two hours and our photographer took pictures. It wasn't stressful at all because her goal wasn't to pose us. She took more of a candid approach and she moved around to get the shot. Don't be nervous, just have fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a similar experience as previous poster. We mostly  candid shots and 1/2 the time we didn't even know where he was and if he was taking a picture. Our "posed" shots were still us just having fun, like the pic in my siggy. Worse comes to worse, if you're really that nervous you could always have a drink before your pics to loosen you up.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well this is what confuses me - candid? It's not like we would be doing anything if there wasn't a stranger standing over us with a camera. I'm basically just going to stand there asking the photog what I should be doing. Did he take pictures of you just walking along? I mean I love my fiance and all but it's not like we normally frolic and skip just for the heck of it. Perhaps we use to 8 years ago when we first met - I don't really remember, but I think basically we are both uncomfortable with this so we're pretty much gonna stand there and wait for some direction. I don't really see anything coming naturally to us. Even kissing each other is something we generally do alone. I don't know. Maybe I'm just not getting it. I hear you on the drinking thing. Maybe we should go to an outdoor winebar and he could take pictures of us hanging out and having a drink? We feel pretty comfortable doing that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yup he took pictures of us while we were just walking. He also took pictures of us just standing talking to each other. You don't really have to be doing something to get a good picture. What do you plan to use the pics for? That might help give you a better idea of what types of things you could be doing.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My e-pics were last week and I had a totally different experience. It was about 2 hours of our photog saying "ok, you stand here like this and he stands here like this" and posing us and stuff. So I think it depends on your photographer. I'm anxiously awaiting our pictures because I was thinking I wanted a little bit more of a candid style, but we'll see. Communicate with your photographer if you want help - ask them what they think, ask for poses, etc. Good luck and just relax.
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    how did they go?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it went pretty well. I mean I doubt we would ever be completely comfortable in that situation but it wasn't as bad as I thought. He gave us a lot more direction than many people described above. Though this is very much a doc style photographer. I think the difference is in the subjects. I got the impression that if people did their own thing, he would totally go with it and make them "candid." But with people who don't know what the heck to do (like us) he will give us more direction. But having direction made me feel more comfortable then having all this pressure to do things ourselves. Now I'm just really nervous to get the photos back. On a side note: how much contact do people have with the photog before the wedding? I know I could call if I have questions but now that e pics are done, I feel like I won't really see him again until the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards