Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Photographer Dilemma

Help! My wedding is in CO in 3 weeks, I was discussing my shot list and details with my photographer this week when she informed me she had taken another assignment in California and was flying in the morning of the wedding and would possibly be late to take photos of us getting ready. She now has a flight getting in the afternoon the day before. However, I'm now nervous that with Colorado weather being unpredictable that she might be able to make it in. She does not have a back up but said she would call around the day of to help us find someone to cover. I've spoken with several photographers that think her behavior was unprofessional but not completely out of line to fly in the day before. I am however also questioning her commitment to our event since she even seriously considered flying in the day of the wedding and being late. Am I out of line to consider getting another photographer? Or is this just last minute stress getting to me? To complicate things she is my aunts niece, also the photographer who I wanted all along but could not afford has offered to do the wedding for the same price we are paying our current photographer. Any ideas?

Re: Photographer Dilemma

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would be worried if I were you, too. It is completely unacceptable to allow another job to make you late for one you previously committed to. I would also be worried that because you're family she feels she can bend the arrangements you have made. I would graciously say that you don't feel comfortable with the possibility that she could be late and have found other arrangements. But you will probably lose any deposit you have given her. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards