Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Photo Opinions

We are looking for vendors from family and recommendations. We have narrowed it down to two photographers and I was just curious if you were in my position, what you would choose.
 - First photographer is future MIL's coworker's daughter. She has a degree in photography and is trying to go back to get her masters. She does not do photography full time, but has done weddings before. Her pictures are not great, you can tell they are not professional. However, there are usually a few really great pictures. Her price is $850 for the entire day, plus a lot of prints (like 250).This lady would do the photography for the wedding on her own.
 - Second photographer is my dad's cousin's girlfriend. She has a professional photography business that she has been doing for a few years. Her pictures look really great, allowing me to see the notable difference between her and photographer one. Her price is going to be probably over $1500 with some prints and probably 6 hours. (I say probably because we are hoping to negotiate a cheaper price). It also includes engagement session. This photographer comes with two photographers for the whole day.

So there is a very notable price difference, but also a quality difference. What would you choose?
August 2011 Siggy Challenge - Favorite E-Pic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
image 275 Invited image 113 Partying it up image 15 At home lonely image 145 MIA

Re: Photo Opinions

• Options
    juliels53juliels53 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who's paying for photography? I'd say #2. Based on the off chance that you'd get a couple decent pics, not good enough for me. If you worry about stepping on anyone's toes because they are both friends of family, I'd say go with a third, not related photographer.
    In story books marriage is a happy ending. In real life it's a happy beginning. Living my happy beginning since September 18, 2010! Planning Bio & Vendor Reviews
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Photographer number 2 hands down.  I wouldn't risk paying for bad photos on my wedding day
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think $1500 is a great price for 6 hours of photography.  I would definitely choose #2.  Photographs are the memories you will have for the rest of your life! You want some good pictures!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards