Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Need a photographer in Antigua

I'm getting married in June in Antigua, but not at a resort. I'm having trouble finding a photographer. Any recommendations???

Re: Need a photographer in Antigua

• Tikki 77Tikki 77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a valid passport.  I would be happy to pretty much trade the wedding shoot for the travel expenses.   I'm in Nashville, but have photographed in Australia, New Zealand, Bora Bora, Tahiti, and all over Hawaii.  I shoot weddings in TN, but I shot models overseas. 

I would include a 2nd shooter, if that travel expense were also paid.

Message me if interested. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post my website here, and I don't want to seem to be using the board for shameless promotion. 

Good luck!  Antiqua...great location.

Nashville Photographer.
  • edited December 2011
    I would contact people in your area and see if they're willing to travel - usually you have to cover travel costs.  A friend of mine has been in several destination weddings, and in all of them the bride used a photographer that was local to her.  That way you can actually meet your photographer in person, get a better sense of his/her style, etc.  I think it's important to meet your photographer face-to-face.  Generally they did an engagement shoot beforehand, as well.

I would be worried about looking for a photographer in Antigua, because it seems to me that you would be booking someone sight-unseen and investing a lot of money based only on e-mails and maybe phone conversations.  It seems like a big gamble for something that's pretty important to most brides.  If you're set on doing it, though, I would ask your venue (in Antigua) for recommendations.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Hey, the photographer that my fiance and I are using is wonderful! We have seen quite a bit of his work around and just took our engagement shots with him. He was very professional and I know that he does destination weddings as well. The company is Nashville Photography Group and you can email them at [email protected].  Good luck and congratulations!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there!
     elimurray photography is a great photographer. He is based out of Little Rock  and he does travel. He has done several of my friends' weddings and the pictures are just beautiful! I would recommend him to anyone. He is reasonably priced too! You can check him out at elimurray.com His blog has his current work. Facebook also has his current work. Good luck and Congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh P.S his recent destination weddings have been in Mexico and Florida and has another one booked in Cali this May! He is very talented! Congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    Best photographers EVER and based out of Florida- The Kinseys. www.laurenkinsey.com
  • edited December 2011
    Most photographers will be willing to travel, so you don't need to look for one based in Antigua.  If it is important to you to meet your photographer in person, then go local.  If you are willing to book based on what you can see on line, or based on the weddings that the photographer can send you, then you are pretty open!  I don't think many photographers will turn down the opportunity to travel....:)  On that note, my favorite photographer is Unveiled Wedding, www.unveiledwedding.com. I think they are great, and I know they travel.  Whomever you end up with, good luck, and have a fabulous event in an awesome place!
  • maggielynn07maggielynn07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey there! I LOVE to travel and am a photographer :) check out my work here: www.mlphotoanddesign.com . I would love to chat with you about what you are looking for in a photographer! I hope to hear from you soon!

Maggie
    [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards