Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Massachusetts Photographer- Highly Recommended!!

I feel that I made a lot of good decisions for my wedding but I think the best decision that I made was hiring the Henry Studios, in Holliston, MA to do the photography.

Rich Powers, the owner of the company was my photographer.  When I met with Rich I found him to be very personable and was someone I immediately felt very comfortable with.   I explained to him that even though we had an evening ceremony planned that ideally we would like to have him come in the afternoon if the weather was nice so that we could take pictures outside before the ceremony.  Since our wedding was in April I wasn’t sure what to expect with the weather and how to best schedule the day.  He was so flexible though- it was great!  He explained to me that he only does one job a day and that I could even finalize the time the day before the event.  It was so nice not having to worry about this aspect of the day and it was clear that he takes his job very seriously.

Turned out we had perfect weather and he showed up right on time- even a few minutes early and he and his assistant Gina started shooting immediately.  (Another photographer we spoke with said it would take them 30 min. to set up once they arrived).  After some pictures at my parents’ house with my family, the entire bridal party met at a local park.  The location was Rich’s idea.  He actually had quite a few great suggestions for scenic places to take pictures both in my town, Walpole, MA and in surrounding towns.  He seemed to really know the area and had good ideas on how to maximize our time with him.

The aspect of the photography that I was most impressed with was the beauty of the pictures taken by Rich and Gina.  They had poses and ideas that were original, fun, artistic, and really made everyone look their best during the formal photos.  They captured special moments during the ceremony at the church, and they got tons of candids that expressed the flavor of the reception.  At the same time they were so unobtrusive that most of the time I even forgot they were there.  They were also so patient with my little niece and nephew who were 4 and 2 years old.  In the end there were so many great pictures that it made it difficult to decide which ones to choose for my album- not a bad problem to have!

When I complimented Rich on how pleased I was with the pictures he told me that he really loves his job and I’m telling you, you can see it in his work.  I now have the most wonderful album that really depicts the beauty and emotions of the day.  You didn’t have “to be there”.  You can actually see it in the pictures.  And in the end, that’s really all you are left with.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards