Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

SPECIFIC TYPE OF PHOTOGRAPHER NEEDED!

I am requesting the help of my fellow knotties!!

I am searching for a wedding photographer in the Detroit area who meets a few select criteria...

1. He/she needs to be assertive... my cousin had a great photographer who was able to pleasantly keep us on schedule and get my ginormous family in order for pictures. I will only have 30 minutes after my ceremony to take pictures at the church so this is something extremely important to me.... however, IDK how to go about finding out personalities of photographers!

2. So I mentioned my cousin's photographer was great... however, he started at $2600.... I was hoping to start my search in more of the $1800 range and if neeeded, move up from there.

3. Lastly, for that $1800 range.... I want an all-day photographer. One who doesn't limit time/locations. I really like the idea of pics of everyone getting ready...

Does anyone know/have used a photographer who meets these criteria?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

Re: SPECIFIC TYPE OF PHOTOGRAPHER NEEDED!

• Options
    I would look in the Lansing area. Vendors there seem to have lower prices. You might have to pay some for travel but not to much. 2 I know of to check out would be
    Town Square Photo (did some fixes for me but they do beautiful work and a lot of experience.
    Read some good things about Two Rings Photography also.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_specific-type-of-photographer-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:30Discussion:2402cc93-4eb3-4519-b0f7-0890ab9c9d48Post:17804cf7-51c7-4460-80cb-da9fe55d1f2e">SPECIFIC TYPE OF PHOTOGRAPHER NEEDED!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am requesting the help of my fellow knotties!! I am searching for a wedding photographer in the Detroit area who meets a few select criteria... 1. He/she needs to be assertive... my cousin had a great photographer who was able to pleasantly keep us on schedule and get my ginormous family in order for pictures. I will only have 30 minutes after my ceremony to take pictures at the church so this is something extremely important to me.... however, IDK how to go about finding out personalities of photographers! 2. So I mentioned my cousin's photographer was great... however, he started at $2600.... I was hoping to start my search in more of the $1800 range and if neeeded, move up from there. 3. Lastly, for that $1800 range.... I want an all-day photographer. One who doesn't limit time/locations. I really like the idea of pics of everyone getting ready... Does anyone know/have used a photographer who meets these criteria? THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
    Posted by millertime0550[/QUOTE]
  • Options

I live in Cleveland, and when we got married we used www.virgilwilliamsphotography.com . He is located in Cleveland, but he actually flew out to Wyoming when we lived there and shot my friends wedding there as well. He is incredibly priced, and is used/contracted out by MANY of the big name photography companies in the Cleveland area. I know he isn't as local as you would like, but he is willing to travel.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards