Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Creating a photo book

Hi there! I'm looking for suggestions on where to create a photo book. We are having a professional wedding album designed by our photographer but I want to make a couple of smallish ones for grandparent gifts. I am certainly not expecting pro quality but I still want decent quality and best price. I'v been considering Snapfish, Costco or IPhoto.

Iphoto would be convenient, since I wouldnt have to upload the pics, which can be time consuming. Pricing is similar to Snapfish for books at least,

Snapfish has a living social deal for 60% off... But i think you can only use one coupon per account. They also seem to have a lot of creative options.

Costco is the cheapest (not considering living social coupon for SF), and def more for your money ($25 for 30 pages compared to $29 for 20 pages), but it seems their site may not be as user friendly or have as many creative option and will be pretty basic.

Iv never used any of these services, and don't mind spending the extra couple bucks if its actually worth it. Has anyone used any of these before? What is the paper quality?

Re: Creating a photo book

• Options
    I have only used Blurb.  I used it for our guest book, a parent album, and a B-pic album for my husband.  I found it very easy to use and was happy with all 3.
  • Options
    Heritage Makers! It is the only site I use now.  They are a little pricier, and certain things require membership, but the quality is UNMATCHED! I made myself a wedding album and albums our parents and grandparents.  Once I started I just signed right up, the products are that good.  I made wrapped canvases for our home, and now have started digital scrap booking with all our family pictures.  Also, books are 10% off the month of January.  Check it out

• Options
    Take a look at picaboo.com. They have amazing products and if you keep an eye out you can usually get a good sale price. I got my mom a photo calendar for Christmas that looked incredible, and I also got a canvas print of a photo of my fiance and I - both on sale.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_creating-a-photo-book?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:26f932a9-6d19-4f5e-843a-eadb8dc8c98aPost:6a889c38-008e-435b-9ffd-be5b5bd4cb2b">Creating a photo book</a>:
    [QUOTE]... I want to make a couple of smallish ones for grandparent gifts. I am certainly not expecting pro quality but I still want decent quality and best price. I'v been considering Snapfish, Costco or IPhoto.[/QUOTE]

Snapfish has improved its photobook customization options, but I prefer Shutterfly and Mixbook. Both offer lots of customization (you can even start with a completely blank page if you want) but they also have some very attractive styles. Shutterfly has very frequent coupon codes and often offers free shipping deals (on $30+ usually). Mixbook doesn't offer quite as many discounts, but they are often available. Mixbook has some gorgeous styles for wedding books. They would be my pick. Although Shutterfly changed their paper recently, I compared the paper from a book I made last year with one I did recently and it feels pretty much the same. Mixbook has similar quality. What I would do if you are not in a super rush is make your book and leave it in your account and wait for a sale. You shouldn't have to wait too long.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards