Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

OUtfit changes for engagement pictures?

Just curious- is it worth having a "casual" photoshoot and a "dressy" photoshoot for engagement pictures? Or is changing outfits in between a waste of time/money?

Re: OUtfit changes for engagement pictures?

• Options
    geminagigeminagi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Worth it...my opinion that is.You can have more fun when you are dressed casual with out losing the dressy traditional shots by having a wardrobe change to/from dressy.
    Some photographers charge for the extra wardrobe change but most are by the session/hour.
    In the long run it is up to what you want out of the session. If you want some fun, hang loose time, I'd say have a casual session too.
  • Options
    gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    our photographer told us to bring a couple different outfits -- including one dressy one.  i love the idea. that way you can do both traditional and fun shots!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh definitely bring more than 1 outfit if you can.  I think one casual, one dressy and one fun should really encompass all the different sides of who you are plus it will give you a variety of looks.  Especially if you move locations and are working with different backgrounds. Most of all....Have fun!!!!  Drink a glass of wine or a beer to take the edge off if you aren't a photo type.  Engagement pictures will be seen everywhere and should be enjoyed by everyone!
    A Wedding Fanatic! -favorite tents: Jacqueline Chapelle- www.jacquelinechapelle.com -favorite photographer: Jonathan Ivy Photo- www.jonathanivyphoto.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love that we have both dressy and casual photos from our engagement session :)  They each have a different feel to them and give you a little variety for whatever you're using the photos for. Have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards