Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Firing Your Photog?

I made a big wedding oopsie-poopsie. My fiance went to college with a girl that photogs weddings. She does fantastic weddings. I'm getting married on July 6, 2012 so I want to get a photographger hired asap. Back in February I contacted her about a contract and how much she wants to be paid. She said she was moving, and would get back to me in a week. Understandable, but weeks went by and nothing.

I contacted her again at the end of March, and she said she's been "very busy, doesn't have internet and is very bad at checking her facebook messages." even though she is a serial poster on facebook, averaging about 3-5 posts per day. She said she'd snail mail me what she has. It's been almost 2 weeks and I still have nothing nor do I have a phone number from her yet.

Time is ticking...I found a photographer that has already given me a price, what she'd be willing to do, and has given me her contact information. I just want some tips on how to politely let go of my photographer. I want to be really respectful since she is "excited" as she says, about the wedding, but I want to explain to her why I'm letting her go because I think she will be terribly confused as to why.

Re: Firing Your Photog?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards