Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Kind of a vent... kind of a whine

My FI and I are taking our engagement pictures today at 6 pm and its RAINING. Now, when the FI told me Friday that it was supposed to rain, I brushed it off and said that umbrella shots would be cool, too, which i still think they would be. however, yesteraday was gorgeous and now today its .. bleck. i guess i had hoped that he would be wrong and that the day would turn out just as nice as yesterday. and i suppose it still could - the day is supposedly going to brighten as time goes on and theres only a 50% chance that it's going to be raining when we take our photos at 6 tonight.

i'm a little concerned, however. i emailed the photographer during the week and we had chosen 6 pm due to her suggestion that it was the time with the best light, and neither the FI or i had an issue with that - he works nights and he has tonight off, so 6 pm works pretty well for him. and it doesn't much matter to me what time we did them. i emailed her yesterday to ensure that she would be bringing the contract for the photos and asked whether she wanted a deposit today or if she wanted to be paid in full at the wedding in February. and i haven't gotten a response back from her yet, and while i know that there is still time for her to respond, it makes me a little nervous because now i go through all the what if's and the holy craps she forgot, or even worse 'zomg something happened to her and she's in the hospital' or something similar. i always tend to go nutty when things like this happen .. and in dealing with her emails previously i know that she usually takes a little while to get back to me as she has a very hectic schedule right now and is working strange hours *i got a phenomenal deal using her - shes extrememly talented though just out of college and making her portfolio, so for engagement photos, 10 hours at the wedding, and then 2 CD's of the photo's she's only charging me $150 - anyone in CT would like her email/name i'd be happy to give it to you..aside from me worrying over nothing she's been very good*

Re: Kind of a vent... kind of a whine

• Options
    edited December 2011
    the photographer just called ... pictures for today because of the rain is rescheduled to probably next week. while its probably better, it kinda bums me because i was  looking forward to doing pictures today. i guess its just one of those things that i have to let roll off!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards