Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Flush Mount Wedding Albums?

New to this, but I look at photographers like Photo225 and they offer all kinds of flush mount albums. Are flush mount albums the same as coffee table books? Is it better to get albums through your photographer, or make them youself later on?

Re: Flush Mount Wedding Albums?

• Options
    They are different as coffee table books are paper pages while flush mount albums are hard cardboard pages that the image is "mounted" into. 

I made my own for my DH's parents as a gift and it came out very similar to the one we got from our photographer.  The differences in the two were minimal.  I have pics of both in my bio under DIY album.  Ours was part of our package and I love it but I also love the one I made.
  • Options
    The differences between coffe table books and flush mount albums are many. Coffee table pages are thin and they are bound with a regular book method with the spine in the center, while flush mount albums have thick photographic paper pages, with a " lay flat" continous binding technique. This allows a photographer to have a picture printed across the two pages without the crese "interropting" the image in the middle. The other important difference is the cover. Flush mount albums come in a variety of covers with leather, metal, silk etc. Prices and quality are also very different and usually flush mount cost substantialy more but they have a better quality. You can check these two companies you won' t be able to see prices because are both b2b for pro photographers only but you'll get an idea, www.asukabooks.com and www.n3books.com for flush mount albums. Good luck Patty
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards