Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Boudoir Photos

Just wondering if anyone has taken these- if so: how did you put them together, when did you give them to your husband?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Boudoir Photos

• edited December 2011
    The photog who did my shoot gave me the cd with all photos. I uploaded them to mypublisher.com and created a photo book. Most ladies seem to give them to their husbands as wedding presents or for anniversaries.
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • chelseamb11chelseamb11 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    So weird question.. what do boudoir photos exactly entail?  Are they lingerie?  Tasteful nude? Both?
    I'd be interesetd in doing them, but our photographer is a guy we went to high school with, so that could get awkward....
  • HisGoToGirlHisGoToGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Boudoir can be whatever you want it to be!  I have known some bride-to-be's to wear anything from a cute t-shirt of your FI's favorite sprots team, boy shorts, and heels to the skimpy little lingerie with knee highs! It is all about what your style is...as well as his. If he likes the skimpy, sexy look, maybe wear a few outfits (most sessions allow you to wear as many different outfits as you want)...and then do a more casual, cute outfit.
    Also, photos are generally taken at the choice of either the photographer or the client. It jst depends on the company/photagrapher.

Two of my BM's chipped in together and bought me a boudoir session as a bridal gift. We are going together to ease our anxieties and to make it fun. We are getting our hair and makeup done before the shoot also. We go July 1st...and I can not wait! I have one outfit centered around "bridal" (wearing white, pearls and my veil,etc), another with my FI favorite sports team, and a third outfit that is sexy.

Play it up and have fun doing it! Google "Boudior photos" and you might get some ideas.
  • HisGoToGirlHisGoToGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ...oh, and many people give them as a gift for the wedding or anniversary. We are getting married in August, and my FI bday is in Spetember. So, I have chosen to give them as his bda gift. It is all up to you on when you want him to get them. Regardless...he will love it!
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did mine for our first anniversary.  I DIY'd a little Blurb book and gave them to him.
  • katel29katel29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! I love the sports team idea!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i just posted my review about my boudoir photographer. i love her, she made me feel so great.  her name is Claudia, she is also my wedding photographer. her boudoir site is www.boudoir.fabuluxephotos.com  I THINK but if now try www.fabuluxephotos.com
  • edited December 2011
    I did them and made a photo book and gave DH the DVD a couple weeks before the wedding.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• edited December 2011
    i actually did a DIY boudoir shoot, it was fun i edited all my pics build a photobook and am giving it to him as a wedding gift with a note "a sneek peek of whats under the dress"
    i took tasteful pics, some in his wedding dress shirt, an old t-shirt with sentimental value, some nufe with flower petals, some with my wedding night lingerie, and some with his prized possession mountain bike :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards