Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Photos: When to do them?

My wedding reception and ceremony are in the same location and were debating when to do the photos. I'm at a loss here, we're waiting to decide a time for the reception based on what to do with pictures. We're thinking a 4pm ceremony... Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Photos: When to do them?

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Traditionally, meaning, if you don't want to see your FI before the ceremony, the majority of pictures are done after the ceremony while your guests enjoy a cocktail hour with refreshments.  However, to save some time, most brides will do as many pictures as they can without seeing their FI before the ceremony (i.e., you with your parents and bridal party, him with his parents and groomsmen, you with his groomsmen, him with your BMs, etc.).

What is now more popular is for the B&G to do what is called a reveal or first look before the ceremony.  Your photographer is there to capture what is otherwise a private moment where you "reveal" yourself to your FI.  This way, the majority of the pictures are done before the ceremony, thus giving you more time at your reception later.  You may still want to do some portraits of you and your husband after the ceremony also.  (Thus a cocktail hour is still usually provided for guests.)

The second option is what we did.  I have pics in my bio of our reveal.  Either way, your photographer can help you craft your timeline depending on what option you choose.  HTH.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards