Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Are videographers worth it?

Hello girls, this is my first time on the photographs and video board so sorry if my question have already been asked. I was wondering for brides in the past, did you have a videographer and was it worth the cost? I already have a great photographer but Im on the fence about the videographer and not sure if it is really worth the extra cost.

Re: Are videographers worth it?

• edited December 2011
    I think it's really hard to justify in your budget pre-wedding, but most brides will tell you that post-wedding it's one thing they are glad they did. Photographs are wonderful but only a still memory of the event, whereas video gives you the sights and sounds of your day. If you can budget for it I really recommend it. It's really great to be able to hear each other say those vows!

Do your homework and search of videographers that are flexible in their packages. You may only want coverage for the ceremony, or you may find a great deal on all day coverage. Don't be afraid to ask vendors for a custom quote on the services they can offer you! Best of luck and happy planning!
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • edited December 2011

My FI and I have went back and forth about a videographer as well. I think we have finally decided we'd rather spend that money on another part of our wedding. We are very confident in our photographer, and know she will capture the entire day start to finish, beautifully!

We are going to have a friend of ours set up/man the video camera during the ceremony, just do we DO have that footage. It will obviously just be start and stop, without all the fancing editing-- but it will still be a great memory that we'll have on tape. He also said he doesn't mind taking the video camera around at the reception, interviewing people, getting shots of us and our guests dancing etc.

We trust him to get some footage for us, and arent' expecting anything else. To each their own though; good luck with your decisions! :)

• edited December 2011
    I agree with what you are saying, I was sorta leaning more towards not having one and spending that money on something else. I think I might just have a family member do the video taping. Thanks :)
  • edited December 2011
    I like my video better than my pictures!!!! but i hired a friend who has never done one but loves it (he did a fantastic job) and he was only 300 here is the site if you want to see it! http://vimeo.com/21241181
  • edited December 2011

We'll when you're done with the photo's be sure to secure a rights release to inforporat them into a video photo montage.  Something you can probably do yourself, this way you can take your photos everywhere you go and play them on large screen.  Though I'd still opt for a videographer.

• edited December 2011
    Hi there!  My name is Lauren and I'm a wedding planner in Hawaii and California, but I also have a handy blog on my website that I publish and would like to share it with you... espcially since today I wrote an article about videography-- hope it will help you gain some insights!  I shared my personal experience! Good luck!!!
    www.l-4-love.com
    and my facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/L-4-Love/109579892459848#!/pages/L-4-Love/109579892459848
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards