Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Number of Pictures?

I don't know if anyone has asked this, so I apologize if it's a repeat.  I'm looking at potential photographers, and one says that he provides printing rights to ALL photos he takes, and he edits about 150 photos.  I'm having a hard time knowing whether or not 150 is enough!  We WOULD have more photos than that, but just 150 edited ones.  How many photos did you get/use?  Is 150 a decent amount?  I just have no idea.
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
I keep you with me in my heart, you make it easier when life gets hard.

Re: Number of Pictures?

• Options
    Savannah6783Savannah6783 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am guessing that you will receive more than 150 photos but that he will make artistic edits to 150 of them. You should request examples of his edited photos.
    A good photographer will edit all your photos (ie: Whiten teeth, remove facial blemishes, etc) and make artistic edits to a handful of them. Some photographers do minimal or no photo editing which will save you $$. The link below is an example of a photo filter applied to one of my images to make it look vintage.
    http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii187/chelstin09/KPVAfeet1109.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Do you get to pick the 150 that he edits or does he? We received a little over 800 edited proofs from our photographer, but we only need 100 for our album and we'll probably get enlargements made of 1 or 2 of them. So it's not like we "needed" all 800 to be edited.

If you're going to get all of the pictures that he takes and then you get to decide which ones out of those will be edited so you can make an album and prints I don't think that 150 is a low amount of edited pictures to receive.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards