Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

ideas for engagement photo location??

Our photographer asked us to come up with some ideas for places we think would be good to have our engagement photos made, and we're stumped. We both work quite a bit, so most of our free time is spent chilling on the couch for right now, but we'd like our photos to be a reflection of us. We live in central/western North Carolina (Charlotte, Gastonia, Shelby, Asheville are all fairly close to us). Does anyone have any suggestions?

Nicole

Re: ideas for engagement photo location??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What about a nearby park? Maybe your back yard? Or a friend's back yard? What do you guys like to do for fun (other than sit on the couch lol)?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    GolfChick78GolfChick78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know the area, but think of the typical possiblities:  the beach, hiking trails, public gardens, college campuses, a lake or river.  Consider what possibly fits, but then count on your personality coming out regardless of the spot; that's what makes these pictures a reflection of you.

BTW, it should be the job of your photographer to help you work through this thought process, IMO.
  • Options
    booboo122887booboo122887 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our engagement photos taken in April at McGalliard Falls in Valdese, NC. It is a beautiful location with a large waterfall and an old barn-like building with an old water wheel. It was a great location! Hope this helps!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I am a newbie Photographer, and I did an engagement session in the Sequioa National Park..Walk of the 100 Giants.  It was absolutely beautiful with all the foliage around us.  Everyone does the beach engagement, and I really like out of the ordinary.  I have seen another photographer friend of mine that has done at the Fair, Camping, Horse back riding, and having a picnic.  I hope this has given you a few ideas.  Do something you and your fiance like to do together, which will make those engagement photos that more intimate and special to you both. 

April
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards