Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Pre-Ceremony Photos versus Post

Hi all, 

I recently got married and I took pictures beforehand reasoning that it would lengthen the day and give my Husband and I more time to enjoy each other. . .

Well the results are in and I just wanted to encourage you all to take your photos AFTER the ceremony -- I was so tense in all the formal photos -- my husband and I ended up taking pictures after the ceremony too and it was such a difference -- all the tension in my face was gone.  It probably wasn't noticeable to a stranger but my husband and I could definitely see the difference. 

Not to mention - it made the day more confusing because we took photos at the ceremony site and then guests starting arriving and they were setting up still (outside ceremony) it was sheer madness, and if you can avoid this -- I would recommend it. 

Also some add'l post wedding advice: I made a lot of my decisions in the interest of our guests and I'm  glad that I considered them but I also am thinking if I did it again I would do some things just because it was my wedding day, like not cutting our first dance short because I was afraid the guests would be bored :)

Good Luck - Hope this information is helpful!

Re: Pre-Ceremony Photos versus Post

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

We did ours before (after our first look) and our guests started arriving also which also totally freaked me out.  I thought our formals would be awful, but actually, my photographer kept me smiling and I was pleasantly surprised you couldn't tell how stressed I was. 

Despite this, I still recommend taking as many before as you can.  I would have hated missing an hour+ of my reception more than having a few people see me beforehand.

• edited December 2011
    I think I'm going to take all the ones without FI/have FI take all of his without me before the ceremony then do pictures with me and FI and our families after, then do pictures with just me and FI the day after because our ceremony will be at 7 so there won't be much sun left.
  • hannahhannah1hannahhannah1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did mine before and I much preferred it! It worked out great. I just wrote about photography in my blog. Check it out at: 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards