July 2012 Weddings
Options

Newbie-ish. Hi!!! :)

I just recently discovered this board, and I wanted to introduce myself! I'm realy excited to hear about everyone's weddings, too! Congratulations to you all!!!!

I'm getting married on July 14th, 2012 to my amazing fiance. We're both students at a private Lutheran university in Southern California (I moved out here from Iowa...it's been an adjustment!). He's a music major (emphasis in guitar) preparing to be a worship arts director, and I'm a double major in pre-medicine and Christian education (cross-cultural and youth ministry). We met in choir, and are both hoping to start a long-term mission and hospital in Northern Uganda after we finish school.

I'm planning my wedding, which will be held in my teeny tiny hometown in Northwest Iowa, all the way from California...it's been quite an adventure, but so far I have a ceremony venue and reception venue booked, officiant scheduled, flowers ordered, my wedding dress purchased, bridesmaids dresses selected, and I think (hope) my fiance and his groomsmen are staying on top of things with their tuxedos. :)

Our wedding colors are a pale pink, chocolate brown, and ivory, with tiny accents of sage green that will show up at the reception, and we're going with a music theme. I'm hand-making a lot of the decorations with aged sheet music, our guestbook will be an old acoustic guitar, with the case as the "card box". We're considering having our first dance be to a recording of a song we wrote together, but I think that might be too cheesey...idk. Anyone have any other cute suggestions that could go along with a music theme?

Ahhh...anyway, now I'm getting all excited because I love weddings and happy stuff...but yes, HI! <3

Re: Newbie-ish. Hi!!! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards