Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Photographer and Videographer help please

I am in he stage now of trying to find a photographer and videographer but I have no idea on average how much these services run. I havent been able to make a budget for one just yet because I dont know what is too low or too high. I don't want to sign with someone and find out their prices are actually astronomical. So what is a pretty frugal price for a photographer and videographer? Please help!!!

Re: Photographer and Videographer help please

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It really depends on the area you live in. I would post this on your local board to find out what's reasonable in your area. Also, as a rule for your budget, photography and videography are about 10% I believe. If you click on the "tools" tab above and then the budget calculator, you can enter your total budget and it will tell you how much to allot for photography and videography.
  • Options
    ashleylargo33ashleylargo33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I live in So Cal and the photogs here are 3,000+ 
    Videographers are like 5000!!!
    My bff has cool destination packages cuz she lives in California but check them out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check into George Street photo and video. I just booked them to do my wedding and they had a photo/video package for around $3000, which is fairly cheap and they were picked at the best of the knot 2011. I found out about them through here. One key thing that I learned though - to save money book the video / photo together with the same company. They are more likely to give you a discount.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out www.shootfirstphotos.com

They have GREAT rates and included a lot for your money. They are based out of Chicago. :) 
    Base package is $1500 and that includes custom DVD with rights to ALL images along with an album & 2 Photographers for 10 hours!

Hope that helps! Happy Planning!
  • Options
    Jamie BallJamie Ball member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Shutter Speed Productions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards