SA Wednesday

My work shower is today! I'm excited for 3 reasons:
-FI gets to come hang out at work for an hour
-The gifts are usually $700-800 worth of stuff off your registry
-Red velvet Nothing Bundt Cake!!!

EEE!!! Happy Wednesday!

Re: SA Wednesday

• Options
    Hope you get some great stuff... I LOVE those cakes!!!!! ( was that enough exclamation points?) LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker TnE0217
  • Options
    Oh man! I want to have your day good stuff and cake!

Looks like today I will be on the phone to try and get some people from other stores to help cover some shifts next week. And our stupid dashboard is giving me fits yet again. Never fails there is always a glitch trying to hire people. I just wish in this instance we could go back to the old school way and fax everything to corporate.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Ooooh, presents and cake.  What a great combo.
    I got nothin.  My brain has curled up and taken a nap, leaving me with zero thinking ability.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I LOVE Nothing Bundt Cakes!  Good grief, girl -- you guys are banking on the showers!  We didn't have a single shower or party thrown for us, and I may or may not be a little sad about that.

ktwed - I hope you get some help from other stores to cover those shifts next week.  Your hiring process with your company is still wayyyy faster than the one at my company.  It takes about 4-6 weeks to gt someone ready to work.

I am getting out of the office for the day and away from the phones and charts.  I get to head over to the brand spankin' new building and scan medical records all day.  In the past, this would have sucked, but now?  OMG.  It's like a vacation!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I wish I could post more during the day on here.  The only time I ever get to get online at work is during my lunch.  We had to sign an agreement acknowledging that if we use forums at all at work, we could be terminated. :(

sad monkey.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Amy that stinks!
    And yeah, I'm so lucky, our company is ridiculously generous with wedding and baby showers.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:68665111-7541-46c2-b965-0293293b5f17Post:8a8a1497-eadd-462e-9b58-177e533f1b17">SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]My work shower is today! I'm excited for 3 reasons: -FI gets to come hang out at work for an hour -The gifts are usually $700-800 worth of stuff off your registry<strong> -Red velvet Nothing Bundt Cake!!!</strong> EEE!!! Happy Wednesday!
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

Sad but this is all I would need to be excited. No gifts necessary lol

No forums? That stinks Amy. :-(

Kt- good luck with getting help from other stores.
  • Options
    I got a sonic burrito for breakfast....it's no good...I don't think I'll finish it. I don't want to get sick. I should have gone out of my way to chickfil a.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Amy we are pretty quick with hiring But to be honest it used to be alot faster. When I could have the person come in fill out paperwork and fax it. Now with everything online it's a bunch of phone calls and glitches just to get contact info filled out. It can take 23 days longer to even get them to the background screen process.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    crash -  chickfila is so yummy cause they put sugar in their batter! the person that told me made it sound like it was a bad thing. the nerve of them!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Kathleen, Chick-Fil-A is always the better choice.  Also, I don't know what it is, but I think Sonic must have changed their breakfast burrito somehow.  I used to get one like every morning and now I just don't like them (perhaps I overdid it on them?)

Edit: I really hope we don't have any unexpected expenses.  I put a TON of money toward our credit card this month and I've basically already blown through my paycheck.  Luckily I put some in savings before I started spending, but holy cow.  Money goes super fast!
    Anniversary

• Options
    My work has no air conditioning....it is hotter inside than it is outside! Thankfully I'm going to drive the escalade to dfw here in a bit, that will give me at least an hour of A/C. They need to get this fixed...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:68665111-7541-46c2-b965-0293293b5f17Post:d2dab8a4-125e-46d7-9468-a95aea4faa50">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hope you get some great stuff... I LOVE those cakes!!!!! ( was that enough exclamation points?) LOL
    Posted by tprice11[/QUOTE]

<div>You have to make SURE we UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!!?!!!1</div><div>
    </div><div>Haha.</div>
    Anniversary

• Options
    I actually think you're right Amanda. I used to get them in high school, but they're not the same. I seriously would have rather gone hungry this morning than ate that burrito. First world problems. Also, yea...money goes quick over here too. Gives me the sads. :
  • Options
    H wants me to drive to Dallas this weekend with the dogs and see him before he leaves for MS, so I think I'm going to take him up on that.  And get a check from him.  :p  Which reminds me, we actually got some rebate checks in the mail from when we cancelled our separate insurances and got a new account.  And I'm expecting my deposit from my apartment any day now.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Awww cute sad monkey.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know why but I am in a fantastic mood today. I am going to give credit to my new workout routine, which I love. Thank you Groupon for introducing me to Private Workout.

Today's breakfast was a Slim Fast and V8. That's probably not the best but it was fulfilling.

Kathleen, I think Sonic has gone downhill lately. I have never been impressed with the Sonic's in DFW, especially after working for two really good ones in OKC and Lubbock. I always get crappy service and a wrong order down here. Oh, and their burritos are not yummy anymore.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    Never liked Sonic...their food just isn't that good to me...I'd much rather have Braums!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    arco13arco13 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:68665111-7541-46c2-b965-0293293b5f17Post:e1791e3e-86e6-49a5-a2d2-f8c21e4f810d">Re:SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Amy we are pretty quick with hiring But to be honest it used to be alot faster. When I could have the person come in fill out paperwork and fax it. Now with everything online it's a bunch of phone calls and glitches just to get contact info filled out. It can take 23 days longer to even get them to the background screen process.
    Posted by ktwed1[/QUOTE]

I understand that. FI and I were moved up to senior assistants at work, and we're going to have a much higher volume of work come Fall, so they need to hire 2 people to replace us at the lower level and help out on phone support, but it takes so long to get a bunch of applicants, decide which applicants to interview, interview them, about another 2 weeks for them to even decide who they want, and after the last round of interviews everyone was so god awful that they didn't pick any of them. So still no help yet.
  • Options
    arco13arco13 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:68665111-7541-46c2-b965-0293293b5f17Post:b1fc4a7b-b6f8-4b6f-be84-dd685f3d0ab0">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]My work has no air conditioning....it is hotter inside than it is outside! Thankfully I'm going to drive the escalade to dfw here in a bit, that will give me at least an hour of A/C. They need to get this fixed...
    Posted by roseofdeborah[/QUOTE]

Ugh, the restaurant I work at has no a/c at the moment on one side. It actually worked out for me the other nice, because I was on the a/c side and got a lot more tables, but tomorrow night I work pretty much the worst section on the hot side, I think I might actually die of heat stroke tomorrow night.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:68665111-7541-46c2-b965-0293293b5f17Post:e7e3a6f5-f2ba-47c6-94dd-ac99dd56956f">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Never liked Sonic...their food just isn't that good to me...I'd much rather have Braums!
    Posted by rsaleh84[/QUOTE]

It took 4 years of liing in Lubbock, where the nearest Braums was 2 hours north in Amarillo, for me to appreciate them.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:68665111-7541-46c2-b965-0293293b5f17Post:ca1c8640-7fad-490d-ae9b-301ff452d132">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know why but I am in a fantastic mood today. I am going to give credit to my new workout routine, which I love. Thank you Groupon for introducing me to Private Workout. Today's breakfast was a Slim Fast and V8. That's probably not the best but it was fulfilling. <strong>Kathleen, I think Sonic has gone downhill lately. I have never been impressed with the Sonic's in DFW, especially after working for two really good ones in OKC and Lubbock. I always get crappy service and a wrong order down here. Oh, and their burritos are not yummy anymore.</strong>
    Posted by FebDallasBride[/QUOTE]

<div>Once they got rid of the chicken snack wrap and the chicken club toaster (especially) they pretty much lost all my love.  I still love happy hour drink specials and mozzarella sticks, though!</div><div>
    </div><div>Oh, and there's a Braum's SO CLOSE to my house and it's glorious and terrible all at the same time.</div>
    Anniversary

• Options
    Haha, I just chopped all my hair off, and sent a picture to my mom with the caption, "I look like an adult now!" and she just replied, "Umm.  Ok." (after telling me it was cute, of course)
    Anniversary

• Options
    I love your hair! I'm debating on whether or not to cut mine off....I just don't know. :
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:68665111-7541-46c2-b965-0293293b5f17Post:7b910999-0d81-4c21-8375-a452babef0a9">Re:SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love your hair! I'm debating on whether or not to cut mine off....I just don't know. :
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

<div>I kept going back and forth on whether or not to do it, so I finally just made an appointment so I would stop being so wishy-washy.  If my MOH asks me to be one of her BMs, I have 15 months to grow it back.  =)</div>
    Anniversary

• Options
    arco13arco13 member
    First Comment
    Car buying is so overwhelming. There are so many choices!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:68665111-7541-46c2-b965-0293293b5f17Post:c4b12ded-27b5-4d9b-8e24-64c90c0c7307">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Car buying is so overwhelming. There are so many choices!
    Posted by arco13[/QUOTE]

<div>What are you leaning toward/looking for?</div>
    Anniversary

• Options
    Carrie - I'm jealous of your awesome shower and delicious cake! One of my co-workers and I are actually getting married on the same day and the lady here who we dubbed "crazy orange lipstick lady" was actually going to throw us something. Luckily and unluckily she was fired a few months back over lots of drama (gun threats, etc. - looks like we were right). It would have been fun to have a work shower but looking back, I'm not sure if it would be worth it to have it thrown by her. Plus, I'm not sure if everyone (or anyone) would be too stoked about having to buy two presents for two different peeps on the same day. Oh well.

In other news, has anyone ever had a kidney infection? My back is hurting terribly (so much so that I couldn't sleep last night) and one of my co-workers suggested that. I haven't had any other symptoms but I'm REALLY hoping I don't have one as I JUST went to the doctor yesterday about my ongoing strep. Ughhh.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Oh, Erica, that's awful.  Drink lots of cran-grape (or just straight-up cranberry juice)!
    Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-94?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:68665111-7541-46c2-b965-0293293b5f17Post:1b9175ce-0905-422e-aefb-28a3c1981d35">Re:SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:SA Wednesday : I kept going back and forth on whether or not to do it, so I finally just made an appointment so I would stop being so wishy-washy.  If my MOH asks me to be one of her BMs, I have 15 months to grow it back.  =)
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]
    That's my other thing. I'm in a wedding in July (2013). 
    She doesn't have any preferences now about our hair...but I'm worried if I cut it too short, it won't be long enough to do anything with. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards