Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

How to narrow down photographers...

I am starting the hunt for photographers.  I have emailed/contacted a variety of photographers suggested by friends/my venue.  I have prices for some, others say "meet with us".  Otheres give a general range for the price, but do not provide what the range contains as a package. 

How do I narrow it down and choose photographers to meet with? (I will be going to a bridal show in early February- hoping that helps too!)

Re: How to narrow down photographers...

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I must have looked at hundreds online.  Like you, I started with recs from my venue, etc, looked at their websites, and their reviews on Wedding Wire.  If your local board is active, that is a great source of information.  Alot of the ones I liked didn't have my date available so that helped narrow it down.  I met wtih 4 and ended up picking the one I most clicked with personality-wise, and also I liked her work the best.  And she was the one recommended to me on my local.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ditto the PP ... as well as really appreciated her advice. I'm in the same boat! I've inquired with some and yes, if some weren't available, that really helped. Now I've got it down to 2 that I really do like, although I'm still looking. Good luck!
  • Options
    StephieBowStephieBow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at tons of portfolios and I had to decide what kind of style was important to me and what kind of coverage I wanted.  I love candid shots and so that narrowed down the photographers for me.

I met with the two I liked best.  In the end I went with the person I liked more, the one who was the most organized and ultimately who's portfolio I liked best.

No one recommended him to me, no one even told me about him - found him on my own.  Our engagement photos turned out perfectly.

It's a lot of work but you'll find someone you're happy with!!
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there!
     elimurray photography is a great photographer. He is based out of Little Rock  and he does travel. He has done several of my friends' weddings and the pictures are just beautiful! I would recommend him to anyone. He is reasonably priced too! You can check him out at elimurray.com His blog has his current work. Facebook also has his current work. Good luck and Congrats! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards