Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Engagement Photo Shoot Help

My FMIL is very excited about us getting engaged and apparently really would like some engagement pics. We just got engaged 2 weeks ago and are heading to their house (across the state) this weekend to visit. FMIL set up a photo session for our engagement photos the morning after we arrive and I am a little unsure about how to prepare for this. I am incredibly grateful that FMIL is putting this on and I think it's a wonderful gesture at this point in our engagement but I have a couple questions:
Since I am going to be far from home, what should I bring other than me and fiance?
They live in the mountains, near a lake; what colors go well with lots of green?
We haven't set a date yet but I would like to have some "Save the Date" photos; How should I do that? Would it be weird to have a picture just say "Save the Date" and add a date somewhere else? I don't want to be pressured to set a date in the next 2 days but I don't want to miss this opportunity either...
Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: Engagement Photo Shoot Help

• Options
    kikirst33kikirst33 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_engagement-photo-shoot-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:6690b488-3dfc-403c-ba4b-d9aaa0cd9949Post:464ea23a-bb40-4cc4-bffc-b9ded1c57def">Engagement Photo Shoot Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Since I am going to be far from home, what should I bring other than me and fiance? They live in the mountains, near a lake; what colors go well with lots of green?[/QUOTE]
    Can you talk with the photographer?  Mine had suggestions on clothing / colors that would go well with the locaiton that he was thinking of.
     [QUOTE]We haven't set a date yet but I would like to have some "Save the Date" photos; How should I do that? Would it be weird to have a picture just say "Save the Date" and add a date somewhere else? I don't want to be pressured to set a date in the next 2 days but I don't want to miss this opportunity either... Thanks in advance for your help!
    Posted by lindanp[/QUOTE]
    You can create your own STD cards on-line (if you go that route) by uploading any photograph.  The photographer should provide you (if your FMIL arranged it) with digital copies of the photos that you can use.  You should not have to use the  photographer to create the STD cards.  All of the photographers that i talked with for my wedding were including digital images so as long as you FMIL arranged this you can create your STD cards with the images when you have set the date.

ETA: If you order your STD cards from a staionary store you could also proivde them with the image for them to do the work.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Always think contrast with green as a background. You can punch your outfits up with some yellow, or red. That is always fun on a green background. Little fun yellow sun dress with a short sleeve grey cardigan and your partner in a greyISH shirt with nice dark jeans and a yellow tie for example.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards