Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Videographer broke contract!

It has been 6 months since my wedding. In my contract with our videographer, I was to receive my video within 6 months. I haven't received it yet, so just wondering if anybody has any advice on what to do? We have communicated in between and she said she was working on it.
Should I ask for a discount back? Help!

Re: Videographer broke contract!

• Options

Check your contract - most contracts explicitly say what will happen in the event that one of the parties to the contract fails to do what they're supposed to do.  Once you know what the contract says, call her and remind her about it.

imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_videographer-broke-contract?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:7059f3d8-7d88-4b8c-96ae-523aedfd744dPost:048dd70a-fc36-4cba-a287-ea4d2d4b7029">Videographer broke contract!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It has been 6 months since my wedding. In my contract with our videographer, I was to receive my video within 6 months. I haven't received it yet, so just wondering if anybody has any advice on what to do? We have communicated in between and she said she was working on it. Should I ask for a discount back? Help!
    Posted by GinRoma[/QUOTE]

<div>Give your videographer a real-life phone call and see what's going.  Also remind them about the contract terms, but gently.  See where it goes.  Whatever you do, do NOT forego the call for an email, as those are much to easy to ignore.</div>
  • Options
    keyaira04keyaira04 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_videographer-broke-contract?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:7059f3d8-7d88-4b8c-96ae-523aedfd744dPost:34b90829-e862-49da-9a0e-ec3d49120876">Re: Videographer broke contract!</a>:
    [QUOTE]E-mails are easy to ignore, but provide an e-mail trail in case this isn't resolved.  I would call the videographer, take notes of the call, and then e-mail her afterward saying something like, "Thank you for speaking with me earlier today.  Based on our conversation, it's my understanding that you will (do whatever) by (date you agreed upon).  Please let me know via e-mail if my understanding of our agreement differs from yours.  I look forward to receiving the finished product by (date you agreed upon).
    Posted by LucyHC[/QUOTE]

<div>agreed strongly!</div>
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards