Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Use a Retouched Photographer or Non-Retouch

Okay, I have found a photographer who is great but does not do retouching. My sample pics are beautiful but because its hi-def it shows ever detail even parts that the makeup covered.

Its the age old question should you alter what you actually looked liked with retouching? Or is retouching just enhancing a beautiful picture making it perfect?

Thx.
Just a fool in love! 4/1/2012

Re: Use a Retouched Photographer or Non-Retouch

• Get someone who will do some retouching. To my taste close up artistic shots are ruined when you can see every pore on the brides face!
  • If you really like the photographer retouching isn't "necessary". I won't pay a photographer to retouch my photos because I'm also a photographer and capable of doing it myself...if you're not able to do minimal touchups yourself it might be a service worth paying for.

• Portrait photographers typically retouch everything.  Wedding photographers typically supply color corrected proofs, and then perform extra retouching for any ordered items such as albums or prints.

EVERY image needs a certain amount of editing, so retouching is a very broad term.  If this photographer gives you images straight out of the camera, you may want to look for someone else.  At minimum, they should be doing color correction, basic contrast, white balance, and sharpening fixes.

Also, your rights to the images are typically limited to a print release.  You shouldn't be modifying or editing another photogrphers images, it goes against copyright.  A retouching service also probably won't touch another photographers photo's.
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards