Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Photos not delivered

Need some advice on how to resolve and get over this issue. I got married for 2nd time and 3rd time for my new husband. neither of us had a real wedding before and as this was my long awaited mister ight, I really wanted the magic of a wedding. So I made lots of plans got a budget and proceeded to the altar. we had a simple seaside court house wedding followed by a outdoor reception. my budget was tiny and by the time I got around to photography, I was ou of funds for professional. in stepped my maid of honor (also my daughter) her fiance's brother is a photographer and had done 6 weddings very recently prior to mine, she showed me the pictures which were awesome and said if I liked them she would pay for photos as my gift. how I could I say no??? he came, I provdied a list of specific shots upfront, we discussed several times during the day and as he left he said 1 week and photos were mine! well 2 months and 2 weeks later I finally got 4 disks of photos only after dozens of phone calls and emails full of excuses of how hard it is to touch up pics and sorry I am on vacation excuses, while week after week I can see new wedding photos on his website of other people! imagine my surprise when the disks arrive to see they are 65 pics just duplicated to add up to 160! NONE of whole dress, missing family photos none of more than half my guests! what do I do?? I sent email stating what I got was nice yet quite a let down. none of the pictures were wedding professional quality. they were loaded onto a drugstore disk so when iI tried to download I was prompted to pay! what kind of professional sends photos to Walmart to make?? how do I recover all the photos I know he took but left out? at this point I dodnt need touch up just photos.
wat to do? any recourse as this was word of mouth contract with someone related??

Re: Photos not delivered

• Options
    ceeceed80ceeceed80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    a verbal contract is still binding, however much harder to prove. it's also difficult because most photographers have clauses in their written contracts that state that they cannot guarantee specific photos but will do their best to capture all important aspects of the day. now generally, however, family photos and standard posed photos go outside of this scope. 

as a photographer he should be been checking to make sure that people's eyes were opened in family photos and that everyone was in focus. especially if he was using digital. sounds like he felt like he was doing your daughter a favor by shooting your wedding and wasn't interested in the specifics. 

also, as a fyi to you... most photographers give somewhere between 50-75+ photos per hour of coverage. just to gauge what he have you. 

I would ask that he provide a disk of your images that include your family photos etc, on a disk that you can download to your own computer without having to pay Walmart to print them. That it was not the agreement that you had. 

Sorry you are dealing with this. 
  • Options
    kimp67kimp67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would let your daughter/her fiance talk to him since it was her gift to you & she paid.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards