Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

DAVIDS BRIDAL PHOTOGRAPHY??

2»

Re: DAVIDS BRIDAL PHOTOGRAPHY??

• Options
    Hello all!! I am so nervous about siging my contract with DBP. I went in and saw sample pics and went over everything and was very pleased with it all the pictures, price and the service but after reading all these post I am now wondering if I am making the right choice. 
    Some reviews have said good things other have said horrible things. Please help! Does anyone have picutres of their own?

I am waiting to hear back before I send my sign contract from the lady at DB because now my understanding from all these reviews is that they dont let you meet your photographer and see their work before hand as they sold me on in the store.  

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_davids-bridal-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:7eb704c6-f3cf-4885-a4fc-91ac4de524f0Post:89b3ae8c-44d8-4b57-8ef8-eb04b1c004a6">Re: DAVIDS BRIDAL PHOTOGRAPHY??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm considering DB for photos but im scared after reading this forum.  does anyone have a refference in wa?
    Posted by pedrovoter45[/QUOTE]

I do NOT recommend using Davids Bridal Photography.  My wedding was on July 7th, 2012, and still no pictures, no album. Don't let them fool you...they contract out to photographers that they claim are so-called "professional."  I get my pictures back and all the pictures with my husband are torso up. Some nice shots in there, but definitely not professional looking.  MY family took better shots then the photographer.  Pictures with my parents, family, and husband that are only torso up that I CANNOT GET BACK. Very disappointed.  Some shots were blurry as well.  Davids Bridal has been blowing me off for weeks now....still no resolution.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_davids-bridal-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:7eb704c6-f3cf-4885-a4fc-91ac4de524f0Post:e261ee6c-34ae-4dd7-bae4-9c905eacce15">Re: DAVIDS BRIDAL PHOTOGRAPHY??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone have any examples of what these "horrible" pictures look like? I am skeptical because half of the posts her seem to think they did an "incredible" job and the other half think they’re really bad. I think I’d like to judge for myself. I'm wondering if some of the people here wouldn't be just as dissapointed with a private photographer?
    Posted by mbatraiwedding[/QUOTE]

Read through all the posts and make a decision from there.  Think of it this way.....if the company is a good company then they will have mostly good reviews with some bad ones here and there.  I had a bad experience using them because my photographer took half torso shots and no full dress ones and overall was not very good.  You have to look at what people are saying.  I see quite a few that say that DBP takes a long time to issue a refund or resolve issues (which is what is happening to me).  If they were at least helping me I would not be as upset. 
  • Options
    I would not recommend David's Bridal Photography. The wedding consultant never contacted me like I was told she would do...I actually had to call her in order to get the ball rolling. Secondly, the photographer showed up late and did not take any pre-wedding pics of my groom. The huge check list that David's Bridal gives you during the consultation was not adhered to by the photographer...we had to dictate to him what photos to shoot, and not to mention the quality of the pics he took were poor....no close up shots of me and the groom during the ceremony and many of the pics my eyes were closed or the pics were blurry. I am exasperated with the unprofessional photos and am in the process of seeking legal counsel. Unless you like to play Russian Rootlet I would NOT book David's Bridal Photography to capture images of your special day! Sincerely, A Tried and Dissatisfied Customer
  • Options
    I guess I got lucky my photographer called me about a week before the weeding to talk about what pictures I wanted an concerns I had and gave me his email and cell phone number if I had any other questions.  If you have the money I would recommend hiring an independent photographer for your wedding.  The pictures took almost over months to come back, and it was very stressful right up until the photographer called me.  They "wedding consultant" I call her the bill collector... lost my papers I scanned and emailed so 2 weeks before the wedding they decide to call me and tell me they didn't have it and I have to resend it.  I was VERY freaked out.  In the end it was all ok my pictures are good they could have been a little better like people standing straight and centered and just nit picky stuff like that.  But for the price it wasn't horrible.  Of course I could have just been lucky.
  • Options
    Horrible experience!  DO NOT go through David's Bridal for photography!!!  

1. Right off the bat they messed up with recording our credit card number wrong so when the first payment was due, it was never taken out of our account automatically.  They fought us tooth and nail saying we had to pay the late fees when they had made the mistake.  

2. When the second payment was due we were contacted again because a payment was not made.  Again, their mistake because some how we were removed from the auto payments. 

3. We were told we would be contacted 60 days before the wedding by our photographer.  This never happened.  I had to contact David's Bridal 58 days before the wedding and find out who our photographer was.  While on the phone the consultant, I was told I should have received an e-mail that day about our photographer (I had checked my e-mail just an hour before and there was nothing).  When I got off the phone, sure enough I noticed there was an e-mail with the photographer information from David's Bridal...it was sent to me 4 MINUTES after I had called them.

4. We had to fill out a lengthy form (about what photos we wanted and the schedule of the day) 3 times because the David's Bridal Store we first went to did not relay the information to the headquarters in PA and the company was missing a lot of our information.

5. The quality of the photographer was poor.  He did not take pictures that we wanted him to (even after we reminded him a few times THE DAY OF THE WEDDING).  He did not follow our schedule of events; we often had to tell him where to go.  He also did not seem to have a creative mind.  My husband and I had to direct him to where photos should be taken in the park and how to pose for them (isn't that half of the photographer's job?).  He had told us he would visit the park beforehand and pick out photo spots; he obviously didn't.  It was horrible to be stressed out about our photographer the day of our wedding.

6. We just came home from our honeymoon and I received an e-mail from David's Bridal saying that their team was going to make edits to the photos and create an album to send to us.  Upon our first meeting with David's Bridal (when we signed up for the photography) we were told a representative would sit down WITH US to select photos to place in the albums and be a part of the editing process.  I will be calling them tomorrow to discuss then miscommunication because they are closed today.

It does not seem like David's Bridal has this whole photography thing down pat.  It's been a rough ride with them and it obviously is not over.  It was a great idea but I would NOT recommend using them for photography services on such a special day and during a stressful time.  
  • Options
    I feel the ones posted online are a mix of good shots taken throughout the wedding they have done.  Of course, I feel they are selective on what they want to post because they want to sell their service.  These photographs on the website are not from just one photographer
  • Options
    I would NEVER recomend Davids Photography, I got married September 29 2012 and still have not even seen a proof of my photos and was told i will not get them until dec 5 when all i got was the smallest package with online photos and dvd. The photographer did not offer to stay longer for the additional cost like was told to me and so i did not get any photos of my reception, she said she was out of pose ideas after only like 10 photos. She left during the father daughter dance and i have been fighting to get my pictures, their customer service sucks and i will never ever recommend them to anyone!!!

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_davids-bridal-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:30Discussion:7eb704c6-f3cf-4885-a4fc-91ac4de524f0Post:a0b4b401-756e-4540-9ab3-b2c363314894">DAVIDS BRIDAL PHOTOGRAPHY??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just wondering if anyone has used DB's photography? I had no clue the offered this but upon finding out their fabulous pricing ($900-2000) I'm super interested! The package I want includes 2 photographers for 8hrs for around $1900!  My biggest hesitation is that you can't meet the photographers before committing to them. The packages also include a wedding consultant who you go through to meet the photographers after you've committed (easy $100 downpayment)! Hoping that someone has used DB and can give me advice! :-) Happy Planning
    Posted by sandelwc[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    I used Davids and regret it now. My wedding was September 29th and I still have not seen a single photo and they keep telling me its going to be a little longer. They didnt stay for the reception so I was mad about that but now the fact i havent been able to see my photos yet, they have horrible customer service and I am in the process of demanding some type of compensation for the horrible service the photographer gave as well as the customer service. Im scared that i paid 1000 for these pictures that i may or may not ever see and if i do get them i dont know how many there will be or what they will look like. I will never ever recommend this place for photography.

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_davids-bridal-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:30Discussion:7eb704c6-f3cf-4885-a4fc-91ac4de524f0Post:82936a03-4b12-4bc8-834d-24f24c2bfce2">Re: DAVIDS BRIDAL PHOTOGRAPHY??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I DO NOOOOOOOOOOOOT RECCCOMEND THEM!!! THEY R HORRIBLE - i ended up getting a refund 20 days before the wedding and lost 50% of my payments AND the deposit because of their poor customer service -i am right now in the middle of hiring an attorney. In Response to DAVIDS BRIDAL PHOTOGRAPHY?? :
    Posted by librachic[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    I would show you if i had the pictures back but its been 9 weels and still not seen a single picture from them.
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_davids-bridal-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:30Discussion:7eb704c6-f3cf-4885-a4fc-91ac4de524f0Post:e261ee6c-34ae-4dd7-bae4-9c905eacce15">Re: DAVIDS BRIDAL PHOTOGRAPHY??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone have any examples of what these "horrible" pictures look like? I am skeptical because half of the posts her seem to think they did an "incredible" job and the other half think they’re really bad. I think I’d like to judge for myself. I'm wondering if some of the people here wouldn't be just as dissapointed with a private photographer?
  • Options
    I used Davids Bridal for my Sept 2012 wedding. I had a wonderful experience with all the ladies over the phone, my photographer contacted me several times and even gave me the link to his website to show me some of his other work. He was very easy to work with, motivated to take TONS of pictures. Now, the only problem is...getting my pictures. I was told with Hurricane Sandy that there are some delays, I called them and they added on a print package for me because of the delay. Still waiting to see the pictures...BUT I would say anyone can make or break the bad situation. Due diligence...its your best friend. Sure my delayed picture circumstances stink but Im not going to write off the whole process yet. Will update once I receive my photos!
  • Options
    Do NOT use David's Bridal for anything, especially photography!!!! The prewedding process with them was horrible. Our photographer was amazing out of NC but he was not able to give me his website address per David's Bridal but I guessed it and he confirmed I was correct! Now it has been nine weeks and I stilllll don't have my pictures! I have talked to them about 5 times and it's the same crap about hurricane Sandy. I live close to their PA headquarters and there was no damage. That is a horrible excuse!! They are giving me free double prints but that won't do any good if I don't get my photos. I had Christmas plans for them as well... guess I'll have to think of seething else! I just HOPE my photos turn out nice whenever I get them. They need a class action suit, this is absolutely ridiculous!!!!!
  • Options
    We booked our photographer for engagement and wedding through David's Bridal.  We just did our engagement photos and they are AMAZING.  Not necessarily thrilled with the website for the photos but excited about the CD.  Photographer was excellent.  Great value.
  • Options

I'm glad I read all this. I also suggest avoiding The Pros and WeddingBug photography. They sell your wedding to the highest bidder. Their emails are all marked as Spam by my email. My motto is, if something looks too simple or easy, there is a catch somewhere.

• Options
    My guess is because legitimately good start up photographers are trying to get jobs so they apply with David's Bridal. It sounds like a crapshoot to me on whether you will get a good photographer or not. It's like David's Bridal is your broker and looks around in your area for a photographer that is available then tries to book them for way under normal prices. I found a gentlemen photographer who stated he tried working with David's bridal for extra cash and they only paid him $350 for 8 hours of work and he had no rights to the photos he took. You get what you pay for.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_davids-bridal-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:30Discussion:7eb704c6-f3cf-4885-a4fc-91ac4de524f0Post:e261ee6c-34ae-4dd7-bae4-9c905eacce15">Re: DAVIDS BRIDAL PHOTOGRAPHY??</a>:
  • Options
    I wasn't all that impressed with DBP.  We purchased them because of the great package deal they offer. In that sense, its a good choice. You don't know who you're getting with a photographer or videographer.  You can't see their portfolio so you have to "trust" DB that they'll select the right fit.  I just thought my pictures were just "OK" nothing fancy or amazing poses were taken.  I did tell them what I wanted & also expected since they are the "experts" that they'll come up with some great shots.  But everything was blah blah blah....
    Same thing with the videographer we had.  It was "ok" but nothing that was fantastic or stunning like DB protrays.

I'd give them a 7 out of 10 rating. They were on time, clean & neat. But creativeness was no where to be found.
    I guess you get what you pay for.  Lesson learned.  If I had to do it all over again - I would've choosen completely different & went with someone who I could've seen their work first. 
  • Options
    Ladies, beware of Photography by David's Bridal!!! We paid for a premium package and received absolute horrible service!!! They never even looked at our photography guide, I didn't receive an event coordinator before the wedding, I even had to call the photographer on my way to the rehearsal dinner to make sure he was coming! Let's not even discuss all the pictures that photographer NEVER took! The company is refusing to fix the problem. I even spoke with the Vice President of Photography and she didn't even acknowledge the fact that we were treated horribly. We were married in November and had our package booked since April. We are still waiting for them to make a decision regarding our compensation for their treatment. In the book they give you it says "we'll provide you with a photographer who exceeds your expectations, and who knows how to make you and your special day look absolutely gorgeous, in the style you prefer." IT IS ALL LIES. For the sake of your memories, stay away from David's Bridal Photography!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards